Photographs in the Forums

mac367

Hi All, I have dropped in on the forums on and off since I joined back in 2009. It seemed back then, that there were a lot more pictures posted in forums as part of the discussion or to show an example of something. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Did I miss something during one of my "off" periods? Also I have not been able to locate the "how to post pictures here". Would someone mind directing me that information?

Thanks,

mac367

OK, I was just about to hit "Post New Topic" when I noticed all the other buttons right above that. Maybe I have my answer.

Also I have not been able to locate the "how to post pictures here".

Now that you already figured out, don't forget to place your images on a photo sharing page first, so you can create an URL.

That's it.

Lately I've been using a Imgur application (runs on my laptop). Once I've uploaded any photos from my camera or phone to my laptop I can just drag the file from explorer onto the Imgur icon and it will upload the photo and create a direct URL for it that I can copy and paste in the forum. It's about as easy as it gets.

Now that you already figured out, don't forget to place your images on a photo sharing page first, so you can create an URL.

That's it.

Thanks for the quick reply. So how do I do that? Is there a page or tutorial for the less than technically inclined?

That's it.

Thanks for the quick reply. So how do I do that? Is there a page or tutorial for the less than technically inclined?

I just upload them to my geocaching logs. Looking at your profile I see you have several images in your gallery so you already know how (but may not have realized it).

Try this:

•  
  • Go to your public profile (here is a link).
  • Across the top are a series of tabs. Select "Gallery".
  • Click on the image you want to post and it will open in a window.
  • Right click anywhere on the image and copy the URL. (In Chrome select "Copy image URL", in Firefox select "Copy image location")
  • Finally in the forum select the, "Insert Image" button and paste the image URL into to box and click "insert image".

It seems like a lot of steps but it goes quickly once you get the hang of it.