Pencil symbol on map icons, for solved UCs

Na+To

I have a truck load of solved unknowen caches, which I will visit, when the time and place has come. Whenever I've got the time, I'm cleaning up my home zone and the extended area, by solving the riddles, lying around here. It would be nice to see, if a UC is already solved, by simply watching the map.

This would be possible, if the map icons were marked with, for example, a pencil, if a personal cache note was written or the coords were altered.

If this is too hard to implement, there could be a "solved-button" in each listing, which can be activated/deactivated manually. That would be a simple, account based database add-on.

I think, this would be a very useful thing.

Greetz

The testosterone half of team Na+To.

That's not even near to what I'm asking for. I don't want to search for solved UCs. I want to be able to see, by looking at the map, if a UC is already solved or not, for I don't nead to open it, to make sure. These are two completely different situations.

I do like the idea of a changeable symbol for mystery caches. I know the subject has been around for a while, and discussed and dismissed. I had not contributed as I did not have any great ideas - other than changing the colour of the symbol.

However if the icon could be replaced with a pencil, as an indicator that you have the correct answer, or that you have successful qualified for a challenge cache. Would make planning routes easier (if the icon is moved to the corrected location) So a great idea - but how easy it would be to implement might be a different matter altogether.

...(if the icon is moved to the corrected location)...

That's an even bigger modification, I would like to have, too. It alread works in the larger little map, at the bottom of the listing. So this can't be that hard to make it work in the big map, too, and could be a second step, if the highlighting of, in any way, marked caches can be made.

Fully agree with the previous posts. I think it would be very nice if Groundspeak adopted a different icon for solved mysteries and also displays them on the right spot on the map (online and within the app).

This is also a reason why I have moved to the app "Looking4Cache Pro", since it is more advanced than the standard app and does exactly that. It makes it much easier to quickly differentiate between unsolved and solved mysteries when on the go. Things are more fun, since you don't have to tap on an icon first to find out if it's already solved and already at the right coordinates.

It would be great if this functionality could become standard also without extra 'power tools'.

FYI -- Regarding the 'corrected' location of the 'question mark' cache icon on the map.

--------------------------------------------

Mystery caches will appear on the larger overall map if using the Search function for an area. Of course, this presumes that the listed coords have been corrected in the cache listings.

Play -> Find a Geocache -> Enter city -> Search -> Map These Results -- Mystery question marks appear at the 'corrected' coords.

Play -> View Geocache Map -- Mystery question marks appear at the original 'listed' coords.