When was this announcement made?

I came across this announcement on Geocaching.com but cannot find a date for when it came out:

"In our effort to inspire outdoor play through Geocaching, we are often faced with decisions about what to focus on next, and what to focus on less. It is through these decisions that we explore opportunities to grow the global game of geocaching.

Occasionally, during this process, we are faced with the reality that certain ideas don't catch on as we had hoped. In these situations we owe it to ourselves and to you to make tough decisions about the future of every project and the resources to be applied to each. Sometimes, as a result, cool features must become casualties.

In this spirit, we have decided to retire Geocaching Challenges.

On an office wall here at HQ is a sign that reads, "Let's make better mistakes tomorrow." By accepting that we will sometimes get it wrong, we can allow ourselves to learn from and imagine new opportunities in the world of Geocaching. Our hope is we can take the lessons from Challenges and create better tools to guide you on your next adventure."

I hope this was NOT a recent announcement, Challenge Caches, to me, ARE THE MOST FUN thing in our sport/hobby!

I hope this was NOT a recent announcement, Challenge Caches, to me, ARE THE MOST FUN thing in our sport/hobby!

Then you're not going to be happy about this:

Challenge Cache Submissions Moratorium

Posted 21 April 2015

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=331493&pid=5496412&st=0entry5496412

B.

The announcement concering "Geocache Challenges" spoke of:

In this spirit, we have decided to retire Geocaching Challenges.

The Challenge Cache Moratorium just puts the submission of new caches of type challenge onhold for about three quarters of a year, speaking now (Oct 2015).

So, as already said, one can still find challenge caches and they count as valid caches for your find statistic, but no new caches can be submitted for review and publishing.

My personal is that the rulemakers at Groundspeak should set up stricter borders to preserve the enthusiastic and exploring spirit of geocaching in challenge caches, and prevent them from becoming faster-higher-longer-records-to-gain.

A new challenge cache was published today near me. I'm looking for information about the moratorium being lifted.....I didn't find it in this thread.

Edit: Nevermind.....I guess the Reviewers are responsible for determining if a ? cache is a challenge, or something else, and then can publish based on that judgment?

Edited by Modoc'n'Penelope

A new challenge cache was published today near me. I'm looking for information about the moratorium being lifted.....I didn't find it in this thread.

Edit: Nevermind.....I guess the Reviewers are responsible for determining if a ? cache is a challenge, or something else, and then can publish based on that judgment?

Not all mystery/puzzle caches are challenge caches. I looked for all mystery/puzzle caches published in October within 100 miles of you, and saw nothing that looked like a challenge cache. Looks like a hider's been super busy with puzzles based on classic TV shows, though!

You can find out more about challenge caches here: https://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

Not all mystery/puzzle caches are challenge caches. I looked for all mystery/puzzle caches published in October within 100 miles of you, and saw nothing that looked like a challenge cache. Looks like a hider's been super busy with puzzles based on classic TV shows, though!

You can find out more about challenge caches here: https://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

Thank you Keystone.