'turntable-' or 'hub-hotels'

I wonder if there are 'turntable-' or 'hub-hotels' with a high chance of long distance travel or continental jumps. Like TB-hotels near airports or ship-ports. Is there a list of such hubs? How you call such a hotel?

Yes, there are TB hotels. Very unofficial. Some worry that they become prisons. There may be some private lists.

There are. I've heard that they are often put out by international airline employees. The ones that I've heard of are called Stargates.

Here's one: http://coord.info/GC57CEH

and another: http://coord.info/GCQ0A8

I found one near a hotel close to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. It long since archived but was a good spot for TBs as Amsterdam is a major hub for KLM, and British Airways and can be a good layover stop for the rest of Europe.

I wonder if there are 'turntable-' or 'hub-hotels' with a high chance of long distance travel or continental jumps. Like TB-hotels near airports or ship-ports. Is there a list of such hubs? How you call such a hotel?

Yes, there are TB hotels. Very unofficial. Some worry that they become prisons. There may be some private lists.

The OP knows about TB hotels. He's asking about a specific type of TB hotel.

There are. I've heard that they are often put out by international airline employees. The ones that I've heard of are called Stargates.

Here's one: http://coord.info/GC57CEH

and another: http://coord.info/GCQ0A8

I found one near a hotel close to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. It long since archived but was a good spot for TBs as Amsterdam is a major hub for KLM, and British Airways and can be a good layover stop for the rest of Europe.

Do you remember the code of this schiphol airport? ~~~~

Looking over the list, some of those locations are not exactly conducive for international travel and a lot of them are either archived or disabled.

I placed a Geocoin into the local Stargate, and the TO suggested I request the coin go to Germany, due to the likelihood of travel there. So I did. It went through the Stargate, arrived in Germany, and came directly back through that Stargate to its origin. So I picked up my coin. Cool, it's the only Trackable I've ever recovered after placing! :anicute:

Yeah, that local Stargate has since been archived.

Looking over the list, some of those locations are not exactly conducive for international travel and a lot of them are either archived or disabled.

I placed a Geocoin into the local Stargate, and the TO suggested I request the coin go to Germany, due to the likelihood of travel there. So I did. It went through the Stargate, arrived in Germany, and came directly back through that Stargate to its origin. So I picked up my coin. Cool, it's the only Trackable I've ever recovered after placing! :anicute:

Yeah, that local Stargate has since been archived.

What do you mean by 'It went through the Stargate, arrived in Germany'?

What do you mean by 'It went through the Stargate, arrived in Germany'?

The "Stargate" caches provide a choice of direct destinations (other Stargates). Place the TB, choose the destination, wait for it to arrive there. See the links in replies above.

And this via real teleportation, right?

I cant see the links above because I have not premium yet.

What an odd self-imposed restriction. :ph34r:

[EDIT]: Oh yeah, perhaps they're all Premium Member Only. For the local Stargate cache I found, I placed a Geocoin, filled out a form for a Stargate in a selected country (England), placed the coin and form in its own ziplock in the special place inside the container, and waited. The CO suggested Germany instead, so I agreed. Eventually, it arrived in Germany, got logged, then arrived back home. Through real teleportation, I'm guessing. Or by post. One or the other.

Edited by kunarion

Stop insulting!

OK, I have stopped. :anibad:

Often, the mailing Trackables is not suggested. The preferred method of travel is in person, so the Trackable is placed and logged in person. I would prefer that for my Trackables. But it was cool to watch the Stargate start up and teleport the coin, with status messages and everything. As far as I know, it was in fact mailed.

How long did you wait if I may ask? Days? Weeks? Hours?

For mine it was about 2 months, one way. I think it was faster for Richard Dean Anderson, not sure.

You may see the logs here on my coin, this link should work for you:

http://coord.info/TB52DFG

See the logs starting in Sept 2012.

There's a problem in the logs between the arrival in Senoia, Georgia and when I retrieved it, the fact that it never got logged into the Stargate upon arrival. That's related to the bending of the time-space continuum. So I had to log the coin into its cache, myself. I guess there are some kinks to work out in the science of teleportation. That's what you get when you use a teleporter you found on the ground.

Edited by kunarion

Stop insulting!

Often, the mailing Trackables is not suggested. The preferred method of travel is in person, so the Trackable is placed and logged in person. I would prefer that for my Trackables. But it was cool to watch the Stargate start up and teleport the coin, with status messages and everything. As far as I know, it was in fact mailed.

This sounds fascinating! Did the CO build up a kind of machine? Was is attached to a house? ~~~~

This sounds fascinating! Did the CO build up a kind of machine? Was is attached to a house? ~~~~

The box in Senoia is an actual "bee box" for honeybees. Before it was a Stargate, it was out in the field where you might not be sure that the cache was not full of bees :laughing:. As a Stargate, there was plenty of room for ordinary caching and a special box inside for Trackables being sent to "Stargates". It had no machinery. It was a Teleporter that was very cleverly disguised as a box.

Edited by kunarion
I am not one of your relatives!

That's unfortunate. You may be only about an hour's drive from them! My great-grandfather came from Saalfeld.

I got an idea. I could tinker a nice stargate, place it near the Autobahn and collect a bunch of trackables, sent it to you, you grab it and drop it in your traffic. You do the same to me. The first item should be my 10 ecu coin. Each teleportation 5 bugs. How about that?

Stop insulting!

Sadly, no actual teleportation involved. He's referring to the notes some stargate cache owners leave when they move travel bugs. Here's an example from the Berlin stargate cache.

..Next planned transportations are now ready for Take-Off..

..Some destinations has been optimized, sorry for the ungratefulness, uups..

..All systems running..

..Chevron 7 is unLocked..

..the SG-Berlin-230 Team for transportation to P32115, Western Australia..

..Open the iris for..

..gc crikey fundraiser

..gc leffunks

..tb kangaroo

..Chevron 7 is Engaged and Locked..

..Iris Closed..

..Local Operation Stargate Center Berlin Germany P5213

--Served Travellers Inbound: 400 and Outbound: 600--