Live api limits?

I ask myself the question: "What are the real limits of the Live API requests you can do in one day (24hrs)?"

I thought that it was set on 6000/24hrs and that this limit counts for all the Live-API programs you work with. But there are rumors that the Live API calls you can make is 6000/program/24hrs!!! Is this right?

That should mean that I can update 6000 geocaches with the program GAPP, another 6000 with GSAK, and so on and that all in 24hrs!?!?!?

I want this question and not knowing out of my head. laughing.gif

I've been running against the same set of numbers for so long, I haven't tried to exceed them. Was there an increase somewhere way back when?

I use the base limit (5000 or 6000) for my own local unfound caches, then dip into the "lite" version to locate all of those that my caching buddy has not found within the same defined rectangles. I can then do a quick compare in the macro and sort them by those we both need, those he needs, and those only I need. Without the 'lite', it would be impossible to order up enough in one day to do that job -- one of the reasons I'm happy that 'Lite' has its own separate count, whatever size it is these days. If the numbers are getting bigger, I guess I need to start increasing the area that I'm covering now!

You'll find them mostly in Longmont (NE of you), Broomfield (SW of you), and a few around Boulder County. Hope you enjoy.

Back to the topic ...

I don't think even regular GSAK users all realize that they can access unfound cache information for other caching 'partners' using the API via GSAK, so will point out where/how it's done in case it's helpful to someone else. With a little database manipulation (or a home-brew macro), it's possible to create lists as noted above (uniquely needed by one, commonly needed by both):

Under Geocaching.com access / Get Geocaches / Page 2 / Not found by, you can add the caching handle there and pull down unfound caches for another member.

Yeah, it can get to you. Some are more sensitive to altitude than others. A word of advice, STAY HYDRATED. If you find yourself getting thirsty, you have probably already waited too long. Better a frequent geowhiz than the alternative. Don't care if it's OT or not, wouldn't want you feeling ill from it and not enjoying yourself out here.

I see you've been in Boulder - at least that's not too rough. But any caches in the mountains at 10,000+ ... take your time and go real easy for the first couple of days.