Missing Travel Bug.

Gandalf

I have a problem that I hope someone in the Pennsylvania area can help me with. I started Babe on the Road T.B. in the Ft. Bragg area on Dec. 29th 2002. The goal was to get back to the Saratoga, N.Y. area. On April 27th 2003 Babe was grabbed from the Grizz2 cache by zip&goo. Unfortunately Babe has not moved since. I have tried to contact zip&goo through both the email addresses listed in the Member Profile with no success. The Member Profile lists zip&goo as being in the DuBois PA area. Is anyone familiar with zip&goo? If so could you possibly contact him (them) and find out where Babe is? If he (they) still have Babe maybe someone would be kind enough the retrieve him so he can get back on the road. Any assistance in retrieving Babe and getting him going again would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gandalf.

If anyone gets information about Babe I will be watching this topic or they can reach me at gandalff@nycap.rr.com.

Unfortunately “Babe on the Road” is not in a cache. He was picked up on 04/27/03 by zip&goo. Here’s their log;

zip&goo grabbed it:

Hello! Zip&Goo took the Babe on the Road travel bug from the Grizz2 cache on 04/27/03. He is in good hands. He may be traveling to western Michigan soon. We'll be sure to log his travels.

According to the user profile they (zip&goo) are from around the DuBois, PA area. What I was hoping was that someone who knows them would see the post, make contact with them and either retrieve Babe or ask them to get him back into a cache. I appreciate your offer, but at this time the only information I have to go on is the last log entry. Thanks for the response, Gandalf.

quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf:

Unfortunately “Babe on the Road” is not in a cache. He was picked up on 04/27/03 by zip&goo. Here’s their log;

zip&goo grabbed it:

Hello! Zip&Goo took the Babe on the Road travel bug from the Grizz2 cache on 04/27/03. He is in good hands. He may be traveling to western Michigan soon. We'll be sure to log his travels.

According to the user profile they (zip&goo) are from around the DuBois, PA area. What I was hoping was that someone who knows them would see the post, make contact with them and either retrieve Babe or ask them to get him back into a cache. I appreciate your offer, but at this time the only information I have to go on is the last log entry. Thanks for the response, Gandalf.

I placed Babe on the Road in DuBois, PA. My hometown. I don't know Zip&Goo. I was wandering where Babe on the Road was also. I am watching it and see no activity.

Not very active is an understatement. They seem to be what use to be called “one hit wonders”. I just wish they had not picked up Babe on their one hit. Guess I will just give it a little more time. Maybe with some luck Babe will get back on the road, if not he will be my first contribution to the Travel Bug Graveyard. Thanks for the responses, Gandalf.