New Category Proposal: Pacific Crest Trail

It's been a while since I made the category, so I completely forgot about it until today once the website has been working again. I did a little bit of editing to it, but I want to see the community's opinion on this category. We already have the Appalachian Trail as a category on the east coast. This trail is the west coast's version of it. The link to the new category is below.

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx?f=1&guid=c08c4f4d-2853-47c4-934d-294db48ac404&gid=6&exp=True

Wow, so I guess no one thinks this is a good idea. I posted this 11 days ago and got about 40 views but no replies? I really want to make this category happen, but I can't do it without some feedback first. I'll give it another week then I'll delete this post if nothing happens.

Wow, so I guess no one thinks this is a good idea. I posted this 11 days ago and got about 40 views but no replies? I really want to make this category happen, but I can't do it without some feedback first. I'll give it another week then I'll delete this post if nothing happens.

It looks like the Pacific Crest Trail is already covered in Long Distance Hiking Trails. There's a half dozen submissions in that category already.

With the Pacific Crest Trail already being included in the Long Distance Hiking Trails category I wonder if the Waymarking community would support another exclusive category for this very popular West Coast trail? Other long distance trails have made the cut (North Country Trail, Appalachian Trail, The Great Florida Birding Trail and Ice Age Trail). I guess it needs to be discussed more here in the forum. This trail is the longest on the West Coast, stretching from the border of Mexico and all the way to the Canadian border and passing through California, Oregon and Washington. The current Waymarking community doesn't seem to be receptive to regional/national categories without a good argument.

With the Pacific Crest Trail already being included in the Long Distance Hiking Trails category I wonder if the Waymarking community would support another exclusive category for this very popular West Coast trail? Other long distance trails have made the cut (North Country Trail, Appalachian Trail, The Great Florida Birding Trail and Ice Age Trail). I guess it needs to be discussed more here in the forum. This trail is the longest on the West Coast, stretching from the border of Mexico and all the way to the Canadian border and passing through California, Oregon and Washington. The current Waymarking community doesn't seem to be receptive to regional/national categories without a good argument.

Regional categories this style have no chance today, and maybe they never had. I know there are a couple of those, but I guess they were all introduced before there was peer review and the global criterion. And maybe they were the reason to add gobality to the criteria list.