Pocket Query data download

jfpilger

I have a Delorme PN-40 GPSr and want to download my pocket query data into it.

I've run the pocket query and received the email with the cache list. I see the "send to GPS" icon to the right of each cache listing and those work individually but I want to download the whole query list. I "check all" boxes on the left and then can't get any downloads from the "send to GPS" button. The "download waypoints" button from the "Running Pocket Query" pages doesn't do anything either. I've tried this using both Chrome and IE.

This must be simple but what am I not getting right?

When I get that email, I click the link to download my PQ. It arrives in my computer as a .zip file. I use Windows Explorer to extract that .zip file. I attach my GPSr via USB cable and move the files to the proper folder in the GPS file directory. I use a Garmin Oregon, but I believe the process should be similar on your GPSr.

Maybe someone with your exact model will come along and clarify.

Good Luck.

I have a similar issue. I'm trying to use MacCaching (MacBook laptop, OS X Yosemite) to transfer my cache files from a pocket query to my Garmin Oregon 650 (just recently got it, coming from Delorme PN-60). Using MacCaching I send the pocket query results (50 caches) to my GPS using the Garmin protocol. But when I look at the files on my Oregon, I don't see the caches that I think I had downloaded and none of the caches show in the Oregon display when I select "Geocaches". Am I missing something here or just plain using the wrong procedure? I've been doing web searches on this issue and I can't find anything that says I'm doing it wrong. Any advice for this old man would be greatly appreciated.

Although it is comforting to know that I am not alone with this problem, the suggestions thus far have not solved my problem. One response through the Delorme forum informed me that Google Chrome doesn't support full functionality for add-ons like Pocket Query. I tried the transfer again using IE but still without success.

"Pocket Queries" and "Send to my GPS" are two completely separate things.

The "Send to my GPS" button is used to send a single cache to your GPS. Many people have reported that this doesn't work properly with Chrome anymore. If you're running a Pocket Query, the "Send to my GPS" function doesn't come into play.

Pocket Queries are a totally separate system where you can define various criteria and get all of the matching results in a pair of GPX files (one for the caches, plus one for any associated additional waypoints). Once a Pocket Query has run, you should receive an email with a link to download a ZIP file containing these two GPX files. Once unzipped, you simply copy these two GPX files to your device.

I have the PN-40. Download the PQ to your computer. Unzip the file. Connect the PN40 to the usb. In Device setup select connect to computer. Select Use GPS. Select Open SD Card. This will make your PN40 look like a separate Hard Drive in Windows Explorer. Expand the PN40 to show waypoints. Select the GPX file from the unzipped folder (this will be the largest file) and drag it to the waypoint folder on the PN40. Double left click on the waypoints folder to make sure it copied. You are done.