What is the "Waymarking Core members Group"?

http://www.Waymarking.com/groups/details.aspx?f=1&guid=272d53c5-53f3-420b-926a-262e16221ceb

We created that group for a possibilty to contact all active Waymarkers with one message.

open enrollment: OFF <_<

They rest of us have no say in Waymarking, only this one group.

So why do we pay a membership here if we are not allowed to be part of this group. :mad:

That's odd, you mention Waymarking a lot in the forums (usually with folks who want to "bring back virtuals").

Thought you'd be a member.

That description/mission statement does say "If you are an active Waymarker you are right here".

http://www.Waymarking.com/groups/details.aspx?f=1&guid=272d53c5-53f3-420b-926a-262e16221ceb

We created that group for a possibilty to contact all active Waymarkers with one message.

open enrollment: OFF <_<

They rest of us have no say in Waymarking, only this one group.

So why do we pay a membership here if we are not allowed to be part of this group. :mad:

That's odd, you mention Waymarking a lot in the forums (usually with folks who want to "bring back virtuals").

Thought you'd be a member.

That description/mission statement does say "If you are an active Waymarker you are right here".

I'm one of the only Waymarkers in my region, and have been a big supporter of Waymarking in the geocaching forums, so you can imagine how I feel to know that I am not considered part of this site. :(

So there's only 54 active Waymarkers?

I count 25 that are officers out of 54 members, and one has not signed on in some time.

So if Groundspeak is only catering to these select few elitist, maybe it is time for them to reevaluate the Waymarking site and consider the geocachers request to bring back virtual geocaches with limitations.

As a geocacher, I would not want to see virtual geocaches turned into Waymarking and it's commercial listings.

We are no elitists. The group was an idea to put all "very" active Waymarkers together. It was created in 2012 so it could be that Waymarkers got less active but they stayed in the group. I invited Waymarkers which were active in 2012. Over the time we forgot about the group. Everyone who wants to join just have to ask. All members are officers, but that's not important here, 'cause we will never create a category. We Waymarkers are very friendly and help where ever we can. :grin:

We are no elitists. The group was an idea to put all "very" active Waymarkers together. It was created in 2012 so it could be that Waymarkers got less active but they stayed in the group. I invited Waymarkers which were active in 2012. Over the time we forgot about the group. Everyone who wants to join just have to ask. All members are officers, but that's not important here, 'cause we will never create a category. We Waymarkers are very friendly and help where ever we can. :grin:

I'm not sure what you consider "very" active, but I'm here everyday and was in 2012 and yesterday was the first time I ever heard of this group.

No problem. If you should change your mind, just let me know and I'll send you another invitation.

I wish you had sent that invitation back in 2012 so I would have felt like a real part of Waymarking. It would have made a difference in how I feel about this site. Now I know I'm not part of the "core" here or even considered an active Waymarker no matter what I do to support this site.

So if Groundspeak is only catering to these select few elitist, maybe it is time for them to reevaluate the Waymarking site and consider the geocachers request to bring back virtual geocaches with limitations.

catering? Seems to me that they're not even listening....