Category proposal: Polish Cultural Monuments Registry

I think Poland deserve to have her own category for Cultural Monuments, just like the Germany has Deutsche Denkmallisten.

Cultural monuments in Poland are easy to recognize, because they have the official, white-blue 'chessboard':

Obiekt_zabytkowy_znak.

Requirements would be simple: post the unlisted object, with visible official sign, post as much information about it as you can, and that's it. The registry number would be optional. Only if the official sign would, for any reason, be not present there, the registry number and some background would be required to prove the object really is a cultural monument.

Who would like to actively support the category (as an officer)? The Waymarking in Poland, as for yet, is generally unknown, so there won't be much work at the beginning.

A valid category, of course.

There is an official list with all sites. So why don't you simply require the reference to that list instead of the marker that may be there or not. Germany and Switzerland have exactly the same marker, France a different one, in red. I have found over 800 listed sites in these three countries so far (about a third is still in my backlog). What do you think, how many of these markers I have seen? Exactly two, both in France. Maybe Poland is different, but markers can disappear or be difficult to find or just not be mounted; a list is clear, comprehensive and accessible. (And it is not very interesting for visitors to see a picture of the exact same marker over and over again, it is only of use during review.)

There is another thing to think about: language requirements, and finding officers who can handle this. Requiring English will discourage potential local waymarkers, requiring Polish will discourage traveling waymarkers from abroad. In the Austrian and Swiss category, we require either English or the predominant local language (German, French or Italian) and encourage multi-lingual submissions. I think this makes sense, but it was easy to find enough experienced bilingual officers, with Polish, this might be a challenge.