View Travel Bug Map?

paticpatic

I am on vacation for a week. I arrived at my location a few days ago and brought some travel bugs from home. I found local caches and left my travel bugs, I also found 3 travel bugs that I logged and will take back home. Question: I there a way to view locations of just travel bugs on the geocaching map? I would like to move them to my home state so they can continue their journey?

An aside comment: Why would you need to view caches with TBs if you're looking for a place to put the ones you got while on vacation? *confused*

But no, there's not a way to view caches with TBs. You can, however, make a PQ that shows caches in your area with TBs logged into them, keeping in mind that that inventory will be inaccurate. There are often TBs logged into caches that aren't actually in the cache.

You can also make a PQ of caches in your area that are regular or large size, to make it easier to figure out where to drop the TBs.

Here's the page to make a query: http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx

Thanks for the reply, I did place the travel bugs from home into local caches. I am looking for the local TBs to take back home so they can continue there goals. I don't have much spare time on vacation and was hoping for an easy way to find caches with TBs to take back home with me.

You can do the PQ for the area you're in, to pull up a list of caches that have TBs listed in their inventory. You can read the logs and/or just go for them, keeping in mind they're often not there. But chances are better in the caches with logged-in TBs than ones with nothing logged into them, I think. :)

DANGER! I took a look at one of your recent logs. DO NOT post the trackable's code in your log! That's one way virtual/fake/cheater "discover" loggers can get the codes to log the TBs without even seeing them.

Go to the cache pages you logged TBs on, and click on "View / Edit Log / Images" in the bottom right corner of the log, then click the pencil icon. Delete the codes ASAP. :ph34r: The TB owners will appreciate it!

If you want to log a code, use the one that starts with TB. That's the reference number, and is OK to use.

Edited by TriciaG

You can see geocoins near your home:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx

To use it on any other location you first have to 'move' your home (location)

The geocoin map is the reason some ask about other trackables (TBs mostly) too.

Problem is, that map is rarely accurate .

Adding one for other trackables probably would just get folks more frustrated than they sometimes seem to be now. :laughing:

Edited by cerberus1