"Geocaching.com Operation Failed"

Simply get another token.

Your app might let you do it like this or quite similar: Settings - Linked Accounts - Geocaching.com [Name] - Unlink - Geocaching.com [Name] - Link > Allow Access

Some weeks ago Geocaching.com announced to 'expiring all API access tokens older than 60 days.' Users then have to re-authorize to continue using the service.

Edited by AnnaMoritz

So I've used the drop down menu in GSAK and it says I've successfully renewed my access token, but I still can't access Geocaching.com; I'm using Chrome, not Firefox? HELP!

OK, it was my firewall blocking access, so had to authorise that- success!

Edited by happileigh

My comment was not on how long new tokens will be valid from now on (90 days), but that it was announced "Beginning on Monday, May 18th, 2015, Geocaching.com will begin expiring all API access tokens older than 60 days." .. which may imply for non-insiders that in the beginning also tokens younger than 90 days, but older than 60 days might have been affected.

So where do I get this new token and how much is it going to cost me and what do I do with it once I got it?

And thanks to those that posted a question, found the answer but then didn't want to share that answer with the rest us.

See posts 3 and 7. For the specifics of getting a new token, we would need to know which API Partner application you are using. For example, in GSAK, there are two menu options on the Geocaching API menu dropdown for obtaining a new access token in one of two different ways. Find that and click on the first option.

What a pain in the neck this thing is.

WHy does GC like to complicate what should be simple?

Your question should be "why do some users like to complicate what should be simple by abusing the system?".

My understanding is that GC started this because tokens were being passed around and abused by non-paying users.

Edward