Blank web when upload

Kenobi-LJN

Hello!

I have a cartridge, and when I upload it (even compiling via Wherigo web), after reaching 100% upload, a blank web appears (not "success" or "error" message showing).

My cartridge is 31MB size. Is there any size limitation, or something else?

Any idea?

THANKYOU!

Here's a full answer for you regarding Groundspeak, reviewers, and the Wherigo Foundation. This might be overkill, but it's good to know.

Groundspeak does acknowledge the WF's existence. I'm working with Groundspeak (really, it just involves a lot of waiting and patience) on a partnership agreement wherein the WF will take over Wherigo's development and maintenance. Until this occurs, the official listing service is still at Wherigo.com. I've been personally reminded I should not be encouraging people to upload cartridges to the WF site. I've never encouraged; I just built a better site. I do thank people for helping to test the site by uploading and testing cartridges there. Things not linked to a WF member's account will survive when the site becomes official (it'll be a heck of a merge). The reviewers know Wherigo.com is the official listing service. However, some of them also recognize there are problems with it. So, depending upon your reviewer, he or she may acknowledge your cartridge cannot be hosted on Wherigo.com and allow a link to the WF site, still unofficial it may be. In the end, your reviewer is the arbiter. But, officially, everything does need to be hosted on Wherigo.com. And, no, Groundspeak will not fix anything to do with their site--I have tried.

I do have a cartridge size limit set on the WF site. I believe it is around 50MB. I'll increase it as time goes by, though I'll have to come up with other ways to upload to the site so you can do things while the upload is occurring.

The question now is... is legal to publish a Wherigo cache where the cartridge is hosted in wherigofoundation instead of Wherigo.com?

To be published on Geocaching.com, the cartridge must reside at Wherigo.com. While it is the cartridge owner's choice whether to have the cartridge hosted elsewhere in addition to Wherigo.com, it is not permitted to include a link from the Geocaching.com cache listing page to the Wherigo Foundation site.

To be published on Geocaching.com, the cartridge must reside at Wherigo.com. While it is the cartridge owner's choice whether to have the cartridge hosted elsewhere in addition to Wherigo.com, it is not permitted to include a link from the Geocaching.com cache listing page to the Wherigo Foundation site.

Thank you Keystone for explaining this point.

In the case, that only Wherigo.com could be used for cartridges, than it would be nice, if Groundspeak could repair this bug (upload of cartridges bigger than 18 MB) on their website. And if they do this, they should look into the problem with completition codes of more than 15 characters. Could you please explain the position of Groundspeak in this cases?

I was responding as a Community Volunteer Reviewer, to explain the standards we use when Wherigo caches are reviewed. I do not have any technical expertise or experience to answer your other questions, sorry. I've logged a find on exactly one Wherigo, when I was caching with a group, and I've never created a cartridge.

I was responding as a Community Volunteer Reviewer, to explain the standards we use when Wherigo caches are reviewed. I do not have any technical expertise or experience to answer your other questions, sorry. I've logged a find on exactly one Wherigo, when I was caching with a group, and I've never created a cartridge.

But in this case, you represent the company Groundspeak. And if you answer on this, perhaps you know someone at Groundspeak, who could do something for us. The problems exist not only for the last days or weeks, they exist for years :(. So it would be nice, if you could talk to someone or you could say, whom we should contact regarding Wherigo at Groundspeak.