How do I get rid of the Message Center

acachebox

The new message center says I have 2 messages but none are there. How can i get rid of it and them?

You can't get rid of the Message Center.

You can reply to the message by clicking on the box on the left side, if it's just one person messaging you.

Then, when that message is displayed at the top, on the right side, you type your response at the bottom where it says "type something".

You would click on each one on the left side if it's different people.

Not responding would be rather rude, no?

And it won't do anything bad to you if you do respond.

B.

The new message center says I have 2 messages but none are there. How can i get rid of it and them?

You cannot get rid of the message center itself. To get rid of the messages, try double-clicking the most recent conversations. That works for me.

Double clicking has not effect. Where on the message are you clicking?

Are you hiding messages?

Help Center → My Account → My Account and Profile

2.10. Message Center - Frequently Asked Questions

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=664

I want to delete a message. How do I do that?

We do not currently allow players to permanently delete a message.

You can, however, "Hide Conversation" which will cause the message thread to disappear until the next time you start a conversation with that player.

How can I block another player from messaging me?

With the new Message Center, you have the option to block another player. The other player will not be able to see that you have blocked them. Hover over the player's username, click the red circle with the line through it and follow the prompts to block the player.

How do I contact a player I previously blocked?

If you have previously blocked another player, you can unblock them by sending them a new message. At that time, you will receive the messages they sent during the time you had blocked them.

Note: You will not be able to block a Lackey or Community Volunteer account.

Will my messages be saved?

Messages will not be deleted!

B.

You can, however, "Hide Conversation" which will cause the message thread to disappear until the next time you start a conversation with that player.

I just love comments that mention an option but give no directions as to how to access that option.

I just love comments that mention an option but give no directions as to how to access that option.

Not sure why the Help Center doesn't explain how to do that, but I did in my last post:

Within the box on the left side for a particular conversation, if you hover your mouse over the top-right corner a small icon will appear. That is the "Hide Conversation" icon.

B.