New Attribute

Dr Ghost

I think all the geocachers want an attribute calls "warning when wet" or something like that. It is very good to warn geocachers that they might not should look after this cahe, for example: when it rains. Maybe you need to climd a high tree and fall just because it is wet or need to go att slippery mountains. There is many more things that are dangerous when it is wet. Please make this Attribute.

/Dr Ghost

My Profil

Maybe this is more related with the common sense than with the Attributes... we don't need to search all the caches, all the time. Sometimes we must choose, according to an immense array of circumstances. It is impossible to have Attributes for them all... and even more to tell the owners to use them.

I think all the geocachers want an attribute calls "warning when wet" or something like that. It is very good to warn geocachers that they might not should look after this cahe, for example: when it rains. Maybe you need to climd a high tree and fall just because it is wet or need to go att slippery mountains. There is many more things that are dangerous when it is wet. Please make this Attribute.

/Dr Ghost

One would hope that common sense, and past experience, would lead one to know that "slippery when wet" is pretty common.

I don't think a special attribute is really necessary for a common, global condition.

B.

You mean like McDo needs to warn you coffee is hot? :ph34r: It seems it's time people start to use that stuff in their head that's lying around doing nothing :lol:

What's wrong with looking at the situation and deciding if you want to go ahead or not?

On the other side, I just would love to see a cache with "scuba" attribute and a warning you might get wet.

Better to explain at the top of the description why it's dangerous when wet so I know what to look out for. After all, I'm always on the lookout for general hazards such as slippery rocks regardless of whether you warn me about them. Besides, my GPSr doesn't show attributes, so explaining the danger explicitly gives me a fighting chance of noticing it as I walk up to GZ.

Nope. It is up to the cacher to decide if they should find a cache. The decision is based on various factors, for example did the last few finders say it was moved, or destroyed, or not there at all. Or in this case, the risk of injury. Because a cache is in a tree, doesn't mean you have to climb the wet tree, and fall and get hurt. You could choose not to find it. Or climb when it's dry. Or use and ladder. Or bucket truck. Or cut the tree down. There's a risk in just driving to the cache, should I need an attribute that I may get in attribute car crash? It's the same thing. Risk VS reward.

Agreed with above. Attributes that warn of conditions that should be (and currently are) limited to situations where the danger is not immediately obvious, not an issue of common sense. Poisonous plants, dangerous animals (e.g., snakes), and abandoned mine pits/shafts may not be immediately evident to the finder even when on site. Climbing a tree in the rain? One should not have to point this out with an attribute.

Edited by ecanderson

A number of off topic posts and posts that were disrespectful of the OP's idea have been removed from view. As a reminder, the bug reports and feature suggestions forums are held to the highest standards of respectfulness and remaining on topic, so as to make it easier for Lackeys to sift through for useful suggestions and legitimate bugs. If you disagree with the idea, simply state that you do, and how come, in objective and respectful terms. Thank you.