To Quote The Beav:

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

966 - That's how many consecutive days on which we had posted at least one waymark. We had just 34 days to go to reach the magic K!!!

Spent nights running around in small towns looking for a signal so we could post at least one that day; evenings sitting in the rain outside the motel room posting a couple, because the motel's weak signal was unable to penetrate the paper thin walls; zipped around cities looking for a Timmy's, a Wendy's, the Golden Arches - anything open so we could post our waymark for the day; even had a thunderstorm knock out all the internet in one section of a city, forcing us to run to the extreme other end to find a working wi-fi outlet. There were even a couple of close calls when Waymarking went down for hours at a time. One time it came back up before midnight, on another it didn't, but we were fortunate enough to have posted a couple in the morning.

So this is how it ends - with a whimper and a sob. :(

Truth be told, our real goal was 1229 as, I believe (and, naturally, there's more weirdness going on with Waymarking as I write this, making profile pages unavailable thereby precluding my checking the number) that would be one more than the number that BruceS had racked up.

I got waymark submissions every day from different waymarkers, so not 100% sure if that was the reason.

Do you mean you received waymarks yesterday?

Just tried posting again now, and still no joy - this time "Page Not Available".

I repeat:

"AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I repeat:

"AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I'd like to hear from someone who's managed to create and submit a waymark -today.- As of now, I'm not among that group.

I have created and submitted six waymarks yesterday, and eight today. And I can tell you, it is not really possible; it's hell.

There is just this little hacker in my head, who accepted the challenge to ignore the fact that the Waymarking site is not willing to receive new submissions. You don't tell me what I can't do! :ph34r:

My workarounds so far:

1) You have to trigger proximity alert, else you cannot move on. So create a waymark with the coordinates of an existing waymark in this category. When alert is triggered, click "Save Waymark anyway". Twice. Ignore the error messages.

2) Upload one picture. Only one, if you upload more, the first one is not going to be the default picture. Ignore the error messages, of course.

3) Go back, correct the coordinates and fill the variables. Ignore... you know.

4) Upload the rest of the pictures. Ignore.

5) Submit. Ignore. To see your submission, go to My waymarks.

If something goes wrong, start over at 1).

And I tried to create a waymark with correct coordinates, but the category of a nearby existing waymark. Not a good idea. Changing category is hell under current circumstances, and you end up with a waymark that does not accept any variables. Anyway, it's possible to submit, even with empty required variables.

So the whole thing is a joke, a really bad joke. But there are ways... :mad:

1) You have to trigger proximity alert, else you cannot move on. So create a waymark with the coordinates of an existing waymark in this category. When alert is triggered, click "Save Waymark anyway". Twice. Ignore the error messages.

NOW you tell me...

If I had even suspected that the proximity alert would act as a workaround I would have gotten to post at least ONE yesterday. Oh well, ya lives and ya learns...

After two no-gos today, submitting returned to normal - not terribly quick with the photo uploads, about the same as usual. Got four submitted in about 10-15 minutes.

BTW - proximity alert NOT required, submitted all four as usual. Now back to work.

Edited by BK-Hunters