Changed defaul coordinate format for waypoints

cezanne

I wonder whether the change from the classical coordinate format on gc.com to the decimal format for waypoints happened intentionally. I just was asked for a confirmal for stage coordinates for a difficult cache of mine which happens often and realized that all my wayponit are displayed in the decimal format which is useless for me. There does not seem to be a switch for switching back to the degree decimal minutes format. That's quite annoying in my situation. I do not have the time to deal with each waypoint separately.

I'd appreciate some fix that helps me to get back to the format I used for almost 13 years. Thank you.

I just imported a cache in GSAK and WP's are in the correct format there so it looks it's only the website that uses the wrong format.

That does not help me. I still have to manually compute the stage coordinates of my caches to answer mails about my caches quickly.

The web site is then my only reference.

I just imported a cache in GSAK and WP's are in the correct format there so it looks it's only the website that uses the wrong format.

That does not help me. I still have to manually compute the stage coordinates of my caches to answer mails about my caches quickly.

The web site is then my only reference.

I just mentioned it because it might help others. Other software may do the same. Even GPX download to GPS may do the trick.

I just mentioned it because it might help others. Other software may do the same. Even GPX download to GPS may do the trick.

I do not have my GPS-r with me most of the times when replying to such requests and finding the waypoints on my GPS is quite burdensome while looking up a particular stage

on the website is very quick for me (apart from the fact that I intentionally do not have all waypoints of my caches on my GPS-r which only has limited space).

All your suggestions are slower for me than manually transforming between the formats or plugging in the variables in the stage formulae to be able to answer requests.

All your suggestions are slower for me than manually transforming between the formats or plugging in the variables in the stage formulae to be able to answer requests.

Sigh.... :blink:

Since this is a forum, again, others may be helped by my post, it's not just about you.

I keep copies of all my Listings, including AW's and solutions for derivations, on my laptop at home. I find it more fool proof and quicker than accessing the website or my gps. Not so much nowadays, but I have had html issues on my pages after updates, that I learned that backups are essential.

I keep copies of all my Listings, including AW's and solutions for derivations, on my laptop at home. I find it more fool proof and quicker than accessing the website or my gps. Not so much nowadays, but I have had html issues on my pages after updates, that I learned that backups are essential.

I do keep copies of the html code too but not of the intermediary waypoints (how do you organize them?). If necessary I could recompute them anyhow.

The real issue however is that I do not have my saved data online and most of the time when I reply to questions about my caches I'm not at home.

I do keep copies of the html code too but not of the intermediary waypoints (how do you organize them?). If necessary I could recompute them anyhow.

The real issue however is that I do not have my saved data online and most of the time when I reply to questions about my caches I'm not at home.

I usually add the AW's to the end of the document somewhere, along with all relevant notes to derive solutions in case someone has specific questions. I've never had an issue with people being so impatient that they can't wait until I'm home to access the documents, but if that's an issue with your community, maybe a cloud solution would suffice.

I usually add the AW's to the end of the document somewhere, along with all relevant notes to derive solutions in case someone has specific questions. I've never had an issue with people being so impatient that they can't wait until I'm home to access the documents, but if that's an issue with your community, maybe a cloud solution would suffice.

I'm much more away from home than at home except when I'm very tired and not in the mood to reply to requests. Moreover, many of the requests deal with the different stages of the same cache and it is understandable that people want to continue. It's also easier for me to not forget to reply if I can reply as soon as I find time.

In any case I cannot understand why it makes sense to display the waypoints in another format than the one usually used by the website.

Edited by cezanne

Since this is a forum, again, others may be helped by my post, it's not just about you.

Yes, it's a forum and I did not criticize your posts. I just took the liberty to reply that your suggestions do not help me and I was the one who opened the thread because I have an issue with the

waypoint format. Of course everyone is welcome to contribute to whatever might be connected to the topic of the thread. I guess it's quite natural however that my personal interest is to deal with the issue I

have and I'm still hoping for a message that clarifies whether the format is a bug or intended.

Au contraire. It's always all about that one person.....:ph34r:.

I'm still hoping for a message that clarifies whether the format is a bug or intended.

It has been stated it's a bug and is being dealt with.

I did not find a statement from Groundspeak about the issue in the thread you posted, just one by a cacher from the UK. Anyway, apparently the coordinates are back to normal and it helped me to help the cacher who

now deals with one stage further than the one he asked about yesterday.

That's pretty easily correctable with all the cloud based file storage options available. Creating a spreadsheet would be a good way to keep track of AWs and you can store them and even edit them online with a web browser.