Release Notes (Message Center out of beta) - July 7, 2015

now if I could just disable the messaging thing so all these do go straight to email.

+1

Leave your phone turned off --> incoming calls go to voicemail

Not running the social-geo app --> incoming messages go to email

What could be simpler?

Ain't gonna happen, I know it. A decision has been made to take the business to a new level, and that requires nudging people to use the social app and MC.

Don't nudge me. I'm here to look for boxes in the woods. Remember those?

The envelope icon in the header now updates every 15 seconds to alert you that you have updated conversations.

You mean the header on a cache page for example? So an open cache page pings the server every 15 seconds?

1. That's going to use DATA. Occasionally I'll open a cache page in my phone's browser rather than using my chosen app. So now I have to be diligent about closing a cache page as soon as I'm done with it? Data costs money.
  2. There are privacy implications...

-The envelope icon in the header now updates every 15 seconds to alert you that you have updated conversations.

I received a message today as a response to mine. I can't figure out how to turn off the indication of having one unread message? I think the indication should vanish when I click on the thread that has the new message.

I didn't try responding to the message, since that shouldn't be the only way to reset the indication.

That sounds like a bug - can you let me know which browser you are using and what version number? Did it clear eventually (within 10-20 seconds)?

-The envelope icon in the header now updates every 15 seconds to alert you that you have updated conversations.

I received a message today as a response to mine. I can't figure out how to turn off the indication of having one unread message? I think the indication should vanish when I click on the thread that has the new message.

I didn't try responding to the message, since that shouldn't be the only way to reset the indication.

That sounds like a bug - can you let me know which browser you are using and what version number? Did it clear eventually (within 10-20 seconds)?

No, it's still on.

I'm using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.134 dev-m on Win7. On that note I tried my phone's (Android) stock browser and there the indication was off ???

PS Sean, I sent you a PM

Edited by stebu

No, it's still on.

I'm using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.134 dev-m on Win7. On that note I tried my phone's (Android) stock browser and there the indication was off ???

PS Sean, I sent you a PM

Now the indication is gone :)

No, it's still on.

PS Sean, I sent you a PM

Now the indication is gone :)

Got your message - we'll look into it.

now if I could just disable the messaging thing so all these do go straight to email.

+1

Leave your phone turned off --> incoming calls go to voicemail

Not running the social-geo app --> incoming messages go to email

What could be simpler?

Ain't gonna happen, I know it. A decision has been made to take the business to a new level, and that requires nudging people to use the social app and MC.

Don't nudge me. I'm here to look for boxes in the woods. Remember those?

I remember when it was about the game - then Groundspeak started interfering, by declaring some parts of it not up to snuff. Then they start plinking about the website and making it more difficult to use, navigate, etc.

Now, as if I didn't have enough $*&^% email boxes I've got yet-another medium of communication, one which I check far less often than my email. And here's the grand-poobah of ironies, the stupid thing sends me an email to tell me I have a message on there - duh, why not just send to my email? Yeah, I know, too much coding and gets in the way of being all clever and stuff. <_<

Bad enough when I have to deal with stupid vendors at work who pull stuff like this, now it's all over my leisure time as well.

Edited by DragonsWest