Unable to Post or Visit waymarks

These issues should now be fixed. We just added another server to the pool and had messed up a couple of the settings. I've fixed them and things should be back in order.

Specifically:

•  
  • the scoring_schema thing shouldn't be an issue any longer
  • the bubble category image on the maps should be displayed properly now
  • the country/state dropdowns should be working again.

bootron

These issues should now be fixed. We just added another server to the pool and had messed up a couple of the settings. I've fixed them and things should be back in order.

Specifically:

•  

bootron

It was a heck of a try bootron, but though the dropdown now works, still no joy with submitting. Error msg. remains the same. ALAS!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm starting to go through Waymarking submission withdrawals...

Is there a Waymarkers Anonymous????

Must... persevere...

:sad:

That's a heck of an idea!!!! We should start one, somewhere in the middle ground, say Yakima WA. Hold weekly meetings, elect officers, start a website and a blog, create a coat of arms, a motto, a team song and a flag for the group, rent a building to hold meetings, and try NOT to waymark (that last one could be the toughest).

Who's in???

EDIT - This is what happens to a person's mind when forced to NOT waymark...

You wouldn't believe how many photos I've gotten renamed in the past day...

Edited by BK-Hunters

I got the same errors as above when I tried to post tonight.

So I tried to approve one and I got this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find a part of the path 'E:\inetpub\Waymarking.com\xml\scoring_schema.xml'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\inetpub\Waymarking.com\xml\scoring_schema.xml'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\inetpub\Waymarking.com\xml\scoring_schema.xml'.]

WM.UI.ApproveWaymarks.btnAccept_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2024

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +9628722

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +103

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

We can approve waymarks, but every time the error pops up, if you press F5 the waymark is approved.

We can not do the edits in our queue, it says "Could not find a part of the path 'E:\inetpub\Waymarking.com\xml\scoring_schema.xml'." F5 does not help, the edit is still in the queue.

Specifically:

•  

bootron

It is comforting to know that Groundspeak representatives do still look at the forums from time to time, and that there seems to be a will to maintain Waymarking if only keep it puttering along.

However, it would show far more class if the home page was used to broadcast the occurance of these maintenance operations and it doesn't seem to me that this would take much additional effort.

As you all have noticed, we've been having some lingering issues with our Waymarking server upgrade. This morning we had a few new headaches that popped up and at least one of the bugs I thought I had fixed yesterday was still showing up. That bug is now fixed and the home page issues that were popping up earlier should now be resolved. We are aware of a few other issues, like the broken stats image on the profile page, but we are working to get those issues resolved as well. I'll try to keep you updated as they get fixed.

Thanks,

bootron

Whoa - just got this one.

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.CreateBufferArray(Int32 length) +17

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TrySetMetaData(_SqlMetaDataSet metaData, Boolean moreInfo) +70

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +501

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +61

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryNextResult(Boolean& more) +894

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.NextResult() +28

System.Data.ProviderBase.DataReaderContainer.NextResult() +19

System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillNextResult(DataReaderContainer dataReader) +51

System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue) +233

System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) +421

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +173

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +316

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +88

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSetSP(String StoredProc, ParameterList Params, Int32 Timeout, Database database) +495

Groundspeak.Web.SQLWaymarkController.GetWaymarkTypeDataByGUID(Guid WaymarkTypeGUID) +199

Groundspeak.Web.Waymarking.WaymarkType..ctor(Guid WaymarkTypeGUID) +111

WM.UI.WaymarkPageBase.get_WaymarkType() +95

WM.UI.WaymarkPageBase.get_Group() +24

WM.UI.WaymarkPageBase.get_MyMember() +16

WM.UI.WaymarkPageBase.SetPagePermissions() +72

WM.UI.WaymarkPageBase.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) +44

System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +92

System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +12

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +489

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

And this one (both errors as I was going from the "Enter Information" to the "Upload Photos" pages). There are two other waymarks in the same category nearby and I get the choice to "Save waymark anyway" or "Return to Edit Page". At the moment I am not able to save my new waymark. :mad:

The waymark was not found.

Exception Details: Groundspeak.Web.Exceptions.ItemNotFoundException: The waymark was not found.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[itemNotFoundException: The waymark was not found.]

Groundspeak.Web.Waymarking.Waymark..ctor(Guid WaymarkGUID) +266

WM.UI.WaymarkPageBase.SetWaymark() +690

WM.UI.WaymarkPageBase.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34

System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +92

System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +12

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +489

Whoa Nelly, this site is a bucking bronco !!! :laughing:

It's up and down like a pair of kangaroos in the mating season, to borrow from Arnold Rimmer. I've been able to submit three waymarks in the last hour, but I've run into all kinds of errors each time. Now, I've hit a brick wall with number four, as I simply get "An Error Has Occurred. Your request has resulted in an error. You may choose to retry your previous request. Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred:". Of course, I sent a one-liner, telling 'em what I was doing, but I don't think we're out of the woods just yet.

Got an email notification this morning to review a waymark and I clicked on the link. Twenty minutes later, whilst I was browsing Facebook and a bunch of other things, I came back and killed the browser tab.

I can create all the waymarks I like, but when uploading the appropriate photos? "Your request has resulted in an error. You may choose to retry your previous request. Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred:"

All morning, and all afternoon up to this point.