Top 100 Waymark Reviewers

Thanks Groundspeak for the updated stats and many thanks to all officers around the world for your great work!

Username - published Waymarks

silverquill - 60,194

saopaulo1 - 33,020

BruceS - 22,424

lumbricus - 22,351

Math Teacher - 19,583

Outspoken1 - 10,779

bluesnote - 10,473

Team Farkle 7 - 9,704

TheBeanTeam - 9,402

Dorcadion Team - 9,301

PTCRAZY - 9,098

Marine Biologist - 7,905

Max Cacher - 7,547

condor1 - 7,393

The Blue Quasar - 7,389

Dragontree - 6,763

GEO*Trailblazer 1 - 6,517

Ernmark - 6,333

tiki-4 - 6,073

Jake39 - 5,101

Brentorboxer - 4,622

Black Dog Trackers - 4,409

Team Sieni - 4,392

deano1943 - 4,340

Bernd das Brot Team - 4,338

Lord Elwood - 4,065

Mark1962 - 3,989

bootron - 3,986

Jeremy - 3,874

wildwoodke - 3,826

huggy_d1 - 3,678

Thorny1 - 3,633

iconions - 3,536

QuesterMark - 3,479

Firefrog69 - 3,477

ChapterhouseInc - 3,427

monkeys4ever - 3,235

scrambler390 - 3,224

frivlas - 3,148

cache_test_dummies - 3,073

YoSam. - 2,995

ucdvicky - 2,968

sfwife - 2,920

Lat34North - 2,858

GT.US - 2,751

GA Cacher - 2,635

RakeInTheCache - 2,584

Blue Man - 2,578

Rayman - 2,527

Norfolk12 - 2,523

macleod1 - 2,400

fi67 - 2,394

the federation - 2,336

Marky - 2,331

The Leprechauns - 2,268

chstress53 - 2,230

Tharandter - 2,228

Pawsitraction - 2,218

thebeav69 - 2,205

razalas - 2,183

Faithwalker & DaMama - 2,016

Team Min Dawg - 1,898

Tuena - 1,885

Biquidou - 1,882

Aladdin - 1,877

veritas vita - 1,834

Hikenutty - 1,765

MNSearchers - 1,749

Bryan - 1,736

MikeGolfJ3 - 1,732

woolsox - 1,731

puczmeloun - 1,713

OpinioNate - 1,703

papermanone & catlover - 1,607

CM-14 - 1,600

Crystal Sound - 1,592

J.A.R.S. - 1,575

South Surrey Scavengers - 1,573

Raine - 1,571

The_Draglings - 1,554

Zork V - 1,549

haggaeus - 1,513

clayj - 1,507

bill&ben - 1,500

DougK - 1,491

muddawber - 1,490

JimmyEv - 1,469

Atlanta Highland Bagpiper - 1,461

Big B Bob - 1,449

lenron - 1,442

hobbycachegirl - 1,414

harleydavidsonandy - 1,408

Volcanoguy - 1,385

riston2 - 1,336

StagsRoar - 1,334

Titansfan - 1,327

Peter and Gloria - 1,324

Chris777 - 1,306

kbarhow - 1,299

Windsocker - 1,298

And here we go with top 200. :antenna: Thanks!

TeamSO - 1,279

showbizkid - 1,276

Selmice - 1,275

Team GPSaxophone - 1,257

Sprinterman - 1,248

Blue J Wenatchee - 1,239

skree - 1,238

rangerroad - 1,235

seventhings - 1,207

montythemule - 1,175

MrsMcFly - 1,168

Team GeoDuo - 1,166

robbdogg120 - 1,160

dreamhummie - 1,153

briansnat - 1,146

NCDaywalker - 1,143

txoilgas - 1,141

S5280ft - 1,133

Corp Of Discovery - 1,119

Webfoot - 1,106

adgorn - 1,088

BarbershopDru - 1,078

sTeamTraen - 1,061

flyingmoose - 1,055

N9YBK - 1,034

Arogant - 1,022

geobwong2k - 1,004

ddtfamily - 1,004

Ambrosia - 979

Bear and Ragged - 964

Metro2 - 952

martycook - 939

DyverDown - 930

Touchstone - 909

Barjon - 908

Dáin & Olík - 876

Ianatlarge - 867

onfire4jesus - 860

rsc_cz - 853

3am - 847

Tante.Hossi - 834

Dunbar Loop - 820

sailor_dave - 807

fishingwishing - 803

coisos - 798

THE DAM TROLLS - 797

carleenp - 797

n2life - 794

8Nuts MotherGoose - 789

3l diesel - 783

rilekyle - 782

small oaks - 776

kJfishman - 763

SearchN - 758

nvtriker - 758

Ištván - 752

Ddraig Ddu - 752

Sir Lose-a-lot - 748

mtn-man - 747

unimoggers - 719

BigCarbonFootprint - 719

CoinsAndPins - 718

snaik - 713

TitusLlewelyn - 710

Kurt Franke - 707

Meirion - 705

taxoft - 700

dejf75 - 685

eikenboom - 681

Grimspound and Jem - 679

rogueblack - 677

cldisme - 663

caverspencer - 662

northernpenguin - 660

JIMBOBWE - 655

mr.volkswagen - 652

waypointazoid - 652

JacobBarlow - 636

Team RAGAR - 634

JDandDD - 620

manchanegra - 611

tijgetje - 611

Lee-2 - 604

Where's George - 601

Shorelander - 601

paintfiction - 598

wimseyguy - 593

Sneakin Deacon - 581

Manville Possum Hunters - 581

volatile - 568

Pahaska_1 - 558

dh2000dh - 553

Snehul@k - 553

Rabbitto - 551

DopeyDuck - 549

Tervas - 547

Revbigjohn - 533

Neuromancer2K4 - 526

xptwo - 522

Geo Ferret - 512

reg3 - 509

I would like to see a refresh of top Waymark posters. What about the most visited/logged sites? I would personally like to know my top visited sites.

The top waymark posters are HERE, thanks to the hard work of DougK. For most visited, etc., you'll prolly have to ask Doug if he has yet developed such a list.

I would like to see a refresh of top Waymark posters. What about the most visited/logged sites? I would personally like to know my top visited sites.

The top waymark posters are HERE, thanks to the hard work of DougK. For most visited, etc., you'll prolly have to ask Doug if he has yet developed such a list.

At the moment DougK's stats are looking :signalviolin:

The stats banner is one thing still not working on the site. It is not working on profile page either.

Thanks for this statistics! Very interesting!

I would be interested in another stat: the number of different categories each top Reviewer belongs to.

Can we bet this information from Groundspeak as well?

That last one "the number of different categories each top Reviewer belongs to" DougK HAS developed. I recall seeing it, I thought, on DougK sPage. Just looked and didn't see it. Now I have to remember where I saw it.

GOT IT! Andreas, I think, posted that in another thread just a coupla days ago.

EDIT:

No - that was this thread and the number of WMs published. I'm sure I saw that other list within the last coupla days, or was it weeks... months mebbe?

Edited by BK-Hunters

That last one "the number of different categories each top Reviewer belongs to" DougK HAS developed. I recall seeing it, I thought, on DougK sPage. Just looked and didn't see it. Now I have to remember where I saw it.

GOT IT! Andreas, I think, posted that in another thread just a coupla days ago.

EDIT:

No - that was this thread and the number of WMs published. I'm sure I saw that other list within the last coupla days, or was it weeks... months mebbe?

I remember as well, but can't find it neither. But it was "only" a category leader stat, not all officer memberships. This would be even more ineresting.

Hey! You're starting to sound like me.

Maybe we need a Waymarking category for "homes of old fart waymarkers" or some such. Global category. May have some Wow factor. ("Look at that old timer!!")

That'a a HOOT that you should use the "old fart" term.

We actually used that as part of the password for our router. :lol:

We need to start a pool - everyone puts in a buck (old farts get in free - sort of a handicap, to allow for their sieve like memories), and the one who finds the list get the bucks. And NO, I haven't found it yet.

Another pool - bet a buck on who is officer of most categories - my money is on lumbricus.

That last one "the number of different categories each top Reviewer belongs to" DougK HAS developed. I recall seeing it, I thought, on DougKs Page. Just looked and didn't see it. Now I have to remember where I saw it.

That was a one-time study done in November, 2014, that I only posted in the Forums. Since it was dependent of when officers logged in, it was quickly out-of-date. I've added a link to the study at the bottom of the main Waymarking Stats page for historical reference.

We need to start a pool - everyone puts in a buck (old farts get in free - sort of a handicap, to allow for their sieve like memories), and the one who finds the list get the bucks. And NO, I haven't found it yet.

Another pool - bet a buck on who is officer of most categories - my money is on lumbricus.

I found the original forum post. It was in the Abandoned Categories thread, since it related to how recently officers had logged in for a category.

SilverQuill leads the most categories. Perhaps Lumbricus is an officer in the most categories.

The stats banner is one thing still not working on the site. It is not working on profile page either.

I have been out of the country for a few weeks. My collector scripts were not running to completion, because of Waymarking pages failing to load on a timely basis. With the stats banner not working the top waymarkers / visitors lists are pretty useless. I got discouraged and decided to let the old pages just age. Now that the web site is supposedly more responsive, I will try to update the lists and pages again, sometime soon.

I have been out of the country for a few weeks. My collector scripts were not running to completion, because of Waymarking pages failing to load on a timely basis. With the stats banner not working the top waymarkers / visitors lists are pretty useless. I got discouraged and decided to let the old pages just age. Now that the web site is supposedly more responsive, I will try to update the lists and pages again, sometime soon.

I'm just returning from a second European trip and getting back to updating Waymarking Stats. I discovered a change in the Waymarking Stats banner made by Groundspeak and was able to get the lists of leading waymarkers and visitors functioning again. All other pages have been updated as well. Enjoy!

I'm just returning from a second European trip and getting back to updating Waymarking Stats. I discovered a change in the Waymarking Stats banner made by Groundspeak and was able to get the lists of leading waymarkers and visitors functioning again. All other pages have been updated as well. Enjoy!

How about a link on the right column of the home page to see the top 100 way markers and their stats, like they have on ebird the Cornell Lab birding site. They have it for every county. In this case you wouldn't need to break it down by geographic area. Oh, and when you click to update your own stats it always blows up but it does update and you can see it by reselecting profile, then stats.

How about a link on the right column of the home page to see the top 100 way markers and their stats, like they have on ebird the Cornell Lab birding site. They have it for every county. In this case you wouldn't need to break it down by geographic area. Oh, and when you click to update your own stats it always blows up but it does update and you can see it by reselecting profile, then stats.

These are pretty rudimentary stats, with web pages generated by some scripts that I run occasionally. The home page already contains links to lists of Waymarkers with over 500 postings (currently 207 known) and Waymarkers with over 1,000 visits (currently 189 known). There is manual sorting involved to order the lists, because there is no published API to access the data programmatically. This fixed ordering will fall out of date until I update the pages each time. The stats don’t become completely unusable, because you can still see all the changes around your stats banner to see roughly where you rank.

I presume that by "click to update your own stats”, you are refreshing or reloading the web page. I don’t recommend doing this frequently (many times a day), because the web page updates every stats banner on the page which, from my view of how long this full refresh takes, taxes the Waymarking server heavily.

I don’t find that refreshing the stats list page or clicking a banner to get to a user profile ever causes a crash though. I’m not sure what “blows up” for you.

These are pretty rudimentary stats, with web pages generated by some scripts that I run occasionally. The home page already contains links to lists of Waymarkers with over 500 postings (currently 207 known) and Waymarkers with over 1,000 visits (currently 189 known). There is manual sorting involved to order the lists, because there is no published API to access the data programmatically. This fixed ordering will fall out of date until I update the pages each time. The stats don’t become completely unusable, because you can still see all the changes around your stats banner to see roughly where you rank.

I presume that by "click to update your own stats”, you are refreshing or reloading the web page. I don’t recommend doing this frequently (many times a day), because the web page updates every stats banner on the page which, from my view of how long this full refresh takes, taxes the Waymarking server heavily.

I don’t find that refreshing the stats list page or clicking a banner to get to a user profile ever causes a crash though. I’m not sure what “blows up” for you.

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. You may choose to retry your previous request. Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred:

This happens when I click on button 'update my post statistics now' on the stat page

" The home page already contains links to lists of Waymarkers with over 500 postings" not my home page. the only stats on the home page I see are country/region counts

Are there different versions out there? I have an Apple/Mac OS/X safari

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. You may choose to retry your previous request. Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred:

This happens when I click on button 'update my post statistics now' on the stat page

" The home page already contains links to lists of Waymarkers with over 500 postings" on my home page. the only stats on the home page I see are country/region counts

Are there different versions out there? I have an Apple/Mac OS/X safari

There isn’t anything you can update on the Waymarking Stats website, other than refreshing pages. This is a personal website that I maintain for the interest of the Waymarking community, separate from Groundspeak’s Waymarking.com site.

The error you are encountering is coming from somewhere on the Waymarking.com website. I think I remember seeing a link like that somewhere, but I can’t find it now. Someone at Groundspeak would need to address the failure you’re encountering.

Just a thought I had on this, wouldn't it be best if we had a broad base of active reviewers rather than a few reviewers handling many categories? There is nothing new about this but I see so many categories with officers and worse leaders that haven't logged in in ages. Wouldn't it be better to clear out this dead would and replace these officers with more active waymarkers? I still think it should be easier to oust absentee leaders.

I started adding up the way marks by these way markers with over 1000 and it seems to be a large percent of total way marks. It would be interesting to see what percent they count for. It seems only a small number are actually moving up. How many way markers are active each month would be an interesting number.

I started adding up the way marks by these way markers with over 1000 and it seems to be a large percent of total way marks. It would be interesting to see what percent they count for. It seems only a small number are actually moving up. How many way markers are active each month would be an interesting number.

As of Dec 13, the top 50 waymarkers have 311,345 way marks or about half of the total. The 111 waymarkers over 1000 have 412,169 way marks or about 2/3 of the total.

As of Dec 13, the top 50 waymarkers have 311,345 way marks or about half of the total. The 111 waymarkers over 1000 have 412,169 way marks or about 2/3 of the total.

DougK maintains an interesting site with a lot of statistics about Waymarking. See the link of his profile page!

Edited by fi67