Premium Membership

DHMcaching

My wife and I have been contemplating getting the Premium Membership which will eventually happen since we are both totally hook on geocaching and our 3yr old son loves finding the "TREASURE" as he says. I just have a few questions about it I hope someone can answer. 1) When purchasing thru either website or app do you get the content on both as I see the price on either are a little different. 2) Can the app be used even when out of wifi or internet range? Any help on these would be great thanks!!!!!

HAPPY GEOCACHING DHMcaching

Premium Membership gives you additional features on the Geocaching.com website

Those Premium Member features include the ability to "see" caches marked by others as "Premium Member Only" - and the ability to create Pocket Queries.

The paid Geocaching App is a portal to the website; if you are a Premium Member on the website you will be able to see "Premium Member Only" caches through the Geocaching App.

Also, the paid Geocaching App will be able to use Pocket Queries.... if you are a Premium Member on the website.

The paid Geocaching App has a price.

The Premium Membership on the website has a price.

Two different "products"/purchases.

The "paid" Geocaching App does have the capability to be used "offline" to some degree, if you pre-acquire data from the Geocaching site before you head out.

The Geocaching Intro App is free -- however, I believe it will only work when you have a "live connection" to the website. It has slightly different functionality.

This link might help -> https://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=514

--------------------------------------------------

My wife and I have been contemplating getting the Premium Membership which will eventually happen since we are both totally hook on geocaching and our 3yr old son loves finding the "TREASURE" as he says. I just have a few questions about it I hope someone can answer. 1) When purchasing thru either website or app do you get the content on both as I see the price on either are a little different. 2) Can the app be used even when out of wifi or internet range? Any help on these would be great thanks!!!!!

HAPPY GEOCACHING DHMcaching

I thought this sounded very familiar.

Your other thread about this,which received replies, and you replied to, is in the "Website" forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=333317

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol