Wherigo Foundation Wiki

Ranger Fox

I would like to invite everyone to participate in the Wherigo Foundation's wiki. At launch, it has more technical information than anything else, but I hope to include all sorts of interesting things in it: bug fixes, project information, how-tos, and Wherigo's history. The wiki is located at wiki.wherigofoundation.com. If you need help filling in some technical information or history, feel free to discuss the page here to get some help--you'll get it.

The WF wiki's initial information comes from twolpert's WherigoBuilder wiki, circa very early 2008 (trivia: Wherigo was launched in January 2008, so twolpert has the distinction of being the first community member to start a Wherigo project). Twolpert continues as one of the WF wiki's administrators. Vooruit! joins twolpert as the wiki's other main administrator. Vooruit! pushed for continuing/saving the wiki when twolpert's web host began to charge for the wiki. After I set up the wiki server under the Wherigo Foundation's domain name, Vooruit! was the one who sorted out the few problems that cropped up and got them fixed before I could even get a chance to look at them. His enthusiasm is a wonderful addition to the project.

As with everything regarding Wherigo, the wiki will grow with community support and participation. The Wherigo Foundation itself is a group of enthusiast volunteer community members who have come together to continue supporting Wherigo--and each other's efforts to do so. We're all pitching in to keep Wherigo alive and available for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks for the reminder.  Keep with it.  I'm working on some private requests for cartridge help, so once that queue's done, I'll have to figure out what to do about the wiki.  I had a tough time getting the Mediawiki database running in Azure last time.  I'm not looking forward to revisiting the issue, because I bet that's where the problem is.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:41 PM, Ranger Fox said:

Thanks for the reminder.  Keep with it.  I'm working on some private requests for cartridge help, so once that queue's done, I'll have to figure out what to do about the wiki.  I had a tough time getting the Mediawiki database running in Azure last time.  I'm not looking forward to revisiting the issue, because I bet that's where the problem is.

Do you need help with the database? I would like to see the wiki up and running again as soon as possible beacuse it is currently the online source which provides detailed descriptions of the Wherigo functions to my knowledge.

Also I have seen no movements in the github repositorys of the WherigoFoundation lately it would be nice to have some progress there. I would of cource volunteer to help in any way possible.

So... ah...  um...  I had a reply sitting in the textarea, ready to send.  I tried for about an hour and a half to restore the database connection or even get it to use SQL Server.  (This is running on Azure and I've only ever gotten MySQL in-app to work.)  I updated the original configuration to a new port number and thing came right up.  Go figure.  No wonder I've avoided this issue for a while.  So, I guess the port somehow changed?  Not sure.