Unsolicited PQ Run

ecanderson

Had not visited my PQ page in some time, and to my surprise, and old PQ 'ran itself'. Noted this due to email notification of its availability. Email sent Sun, 5 Jul 2015 15:18:30 UTC.

If anyone at HQ is interested in checking, the PQ is "Playa Del Carmen"

If I had planned to do queries through GSAK today, it would have been a bit annoying to find my available count short by 500.

Had not visited my PQ page in some time, and to my surprise, and old PQ 'ran itself'. Noted this due to email notification of its availability. Email sent Sun, 5 Jul 2015 15:18:30 UTC.

If anyone at HQ is interested in checking, the PQ is "Playa Del Carmen"

If I had planned to do queries through GSAK today, it would have been a bit annoying to find my available count short by 500.

Did you run that old PQ exactly a week ago?

My normal practice, when planning to look for caches in my home area, is to run a series of 5 pocket queries that differ by date range. This gives me all the caches I haven't found within a 60 mile radius.

I select the current day of the week for all 5 PQs, and all 5 PQs are generated. So far, so good.

When I return to the Your Pocket Queries page, something strange happens, every time: The day-of-the-week box for the last pocket query I selected still shows as selected. I have to remember to uncheck that box. If I don't, that PQ will run again exactly a week later.

This has happened every time I've generated more than one PQ in a given session, and it's been happening for several years. I've reported it to Groundspeak, and it's been discussed here in the forums, but the bug has never been fixed.

Any chance the same thing has happened to you?

--Larry

No, I have not run ANY PQ from the gc.com site in many months apart from a MyFinds that I ran a few weeks back. I had previously (a year or more ago) set several up there, but really don't use them these days, preferring to run a series of bounded rectangles on GSAK instead of using my old circular PQs.

This one really was just out of the blue.