Average D/T missing from profile's Statistics tab

EngPhil

http://www.geocaching.com/statistics/DifficultyTerrainImage.aspx (used to display the average D/T image in the Statistics tab of the Profile) has gone 404 today.

(Either that, or the statistics page has a wrong URL for it. I've never looked at what the correct URL is before.)

Reported by several folks in local forums. ("It's not just me.") :sad:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=2959749

f146a193-edf5-44b3-ab65-8ba09e657d9e.jpg

B.

Here is an update, posted in another thread that I erroneously moved out of the bug report forum section:

The devs have been investigating and discovered that the issue here is due to that one particular graph requiring a particular font to be installed on the server being called. We have recently upgraded to headless servers that do not have the typical OS UI installed on them and as a result do not have fonts installed. That's why the issue would seem to come and go - that was due to switching back and forth between old servers and new servers.

The code has been adjusted to make a generic font call that should prevent this from happening again after the next site update.

I wouldn't mind seeing them restored. My whole participation in this game is focused on increasing one of those numbers. (Terrain; trying for 2.5; it keeps me in shape.)

I'm curious how the stars provided any additional utility over the text, which is still there.

The stars and accompanying text together used to be a dynamically-generated image. That image has been replaced with the same info in actual text form. To my thinking, that's an improvement. :)