Geocaching Road Trip 2015

Well, completed 'em today.

Wasn't sure that the "5" terrain rope tree climb was a smart idea after a mild concussion a few days earlier, but the folks I was with double dog dared me (a dog with three heads no less), so you know I had to do it. :laughing:

Around 43,100 for me. Seems low for a World-wide thing.

I wish that users could display/sort their souvenirs in a manner selected by the user:

-- by date earned (Project-GC shows them this way, and I like looking at my souvenir list there)

-- alphabetically

-- by "souvenir grouping" (Country/State/Province souvenirs grouped together, special date souvenirs grouped together, Geocaching promotion souvenirs grouped together, Mega/Giga Event souvenirs grouped together, etc.)

That way, I could more easily reflect on my Geocaching Road Trip fun by viewing the souvenirs in a group or by date earned. Today I have to go to another website to do that.

+1

"I'm proud to serve as a Groundspeak Volunteer. This is my player account."

You mean you don't have any pull there either? :laughing:

So far only ~49,000 people have finished the Road Trip. I thought the D5/T5 would be the limiting factor, but it appears as though events and earthcaches were slightly more of a barrier.

Other than 10+ favorited caches, the D5/T5 road trip souvenir was my easiest. From July 17 until today, I found 106 D5 caches and 88 T5s. Most of them were Utah challenge caches.

So far only ~49,000 people have finished the Road Trip. I thought the D5/T5 would be the limiting factor, but it appears as though events and earthcaches were slightly more of a barrier.

Other than 10+ favorited caches, the D5/T5 road trip souvenir was my easiest. From July 17 until today, I found 106 D5 caches and 88 T5s. Most of them were Utah challenge caches.

We just got a canoe and we've been picking off island caches around here all summer, so the T5 was pretty easy.

If they had asked for T5 and D5 separately, it might have been trickier. I found one D5 earlier this summer.

The event was tricky simply because we've been busy. Seems there's an event every week around here.

We just got a canoe and we've been picking off island caches around here all summer, so the T5 was pretty easy.

If they had asked for T5 and D5 separately, it might have been trickier. I found one D5 earlier this summer.

The event was tricky simply because we've been busy. Seems there's an event every week around here.

I'm just glad it was EITHER a T5 OR a D5...not a 5/5 cache. I got all of them (except the event) within a day or two of when they were first available. I had to wait a couple weeks for the event.

Edited by J Grouchy

I was just thinking a lot of folks don't have access to a kayak or climbing gear. T5 is easier to get than T4.5 in my area and probably most areas. I was thinking of most D5s as hard puzzles or extremely hard hides. I keep forgetting that there tons of D5 challenge caches out there.

Found a T5 cache today but no souvenir was avarded? Yet roadtrip page states that september 2nd is the last day for it?

Me too. Just got my D5 and about to try the earthcache, but I hope it's not a waste of time. I was pretty sure today (Sep 2) was the last day. I'm bummed :(

Found a T5 cache today but no souvenir was avarded? Yet roadtrip page states that september 2nd is the last day for it?

Me too. Just got my D5 and about to try the earthcache, but I hope it's not a waste of time. I was pretty sure today (Sep 2) was the last day. I'm bummed :(

I also found both a D5 and T5 and was not awarded the souvenir, yet I attended an event today and when I logged it I got that souvenir

I also found both a D5 and T5 and was not awarded the souvenir, yet I attended an event today and when I logged it I got that souvenir

Try editing your find and change the date back a few days. This seems to "unfreeze" the D5/T5 glitch. Once you get your suvie, re-edit the log to the proper date (2 Sep 15). That worked for me.

I see as of today, the numbers break down as follows:

Fun With Favorites: 461,156

Put on Your Thinking Cap: 109,687

Let's Get Extreme: 91,064

High-Five for the Earth: 87,993

Meet Your Road Trip Crew: 79,669

Road Trip Hero: 51,421

I know for me, the D5/T5 could have been hard to obtain if not for the proliferation of challenge caches. I "earned" that souvenier by finding a simple micro cache just steps off a sidewalk -- a cache that would have been a 1.5/1.5 at most, except for the challenge requirement. Thinking Cap was also pretty easy for someone around here to get, thanks to the abundance of geoart. There really isn't much thinking required for those.

I never did find an Earthcache -- I find most Earthcaches to either be incredibly difficult or incredibly boring so I don't do them very often. The only ones around home that I hadn't found would have been a 20-30km drive to a part of the city I don't normally have reason to visit. I decided that getting a couple of souvenirs on my profile simply wasn't worth it in that case.