Drew Cohn's Virginia caches

Guest makaio

Drew,

Unsure if you read this forum, but it seems many people are having problems locating more than one of your caches. You apparently returned to and verified the coords of the Burke Lake cache, but it seems too much of a coincidence that it's happening with other caches as well. Just for verification, what Map Datum and Position Format is your GPS unit set to? It's possible you took the coords using a different datum and/or format than those who are seeking them are using. Wish I was back in VA so I could attempt your caches as well.

Matt

Guest cache_ninja

i e-mailed Drew, it was indeed a Datum problem, he's in the process of fixing it. much thanks for the heads up!

[This message has been edited by cache_ninja (edited 01-14-2001).]

Matt...thanks for the heads up. As the cache_ninja mentioned, it was indeed a map datum problem. My receiver somehow got on the the wrong setting; maybe I inadvertently changed it. Anyway, I am revisiting the caches tomorrow, weather permitting, and will post an adjusted set of coordinates.

Drew

Glad I could be of help. I'm living in Oregon now, but grew up in Vienna and can't wait to get back home to visit family and hunt some caches back there. I've been boating in Burke Lake many times, but never spent much time along it's shores. Looking forward to finding your treasures.