Still no newsletter

Nosynel

The regular newsletter's subject line is "Earn Your EarthCache Day Souvenir This Sunday!‏" (date of email was 6 October)

Another email was received from GS that was just about the EarthCache souvenir and how being PM paired with the intro app is a fantastic thing. Then there was a link to "download the app". (date of email was 8 October) The subject line of that one was "Find an EarthCache and Earn a New Souvenir".

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

The EarthCache Day one is the newsletter, at least for me. It turns out I overlooked it and I actually received it on Tuesday morning.

If that's the newsletter, it's pretty skimpy here. All mine shows is a blurb for EarthCache Day with a "Download the App" link. No list of upcoming events. No list of newly published caches.

The EarthCache Day one is the newsletter, at least for me. It turns out I overlooked it and I actually received it on Tuesday morning.

If that's the newsletter, it's pretty skimpy here. All mine shows is a blurb for EarthCache Day with a "Download the App" link. No list of upcoming events. No list of newly published caches.

As I said in my previous post....

The regular newsletter's subject line is "Earn Your EarthCache Day Souvenir This Sunday!‏" (date of email was 6 October)

Another email was received from GS that was just about the EarthCache souvenir and how being PM paired with the intro app is a fantastic thing. Then there was a link to "download the app". (date of email was 8 October) The subject line of that one was "Find an EarthCache and Earn a New Souvenir".

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I receive the newsletter via Yahoo for my volunteer account and via GMail for my player account. Both have been reliable since forever; I don't miss any newsletters.

The last newsletters arrived on 12/7 and 12/14. I was expecting to receive newsletter copies at the beginning of this week, but nothing arrived for either account. Just speculating, but perhaps there wasn't one published this week due to the holiday season?

+1 to it being MIA again this week.

Both have been reliable since forever
It's not yahoo and gmail's 'reliability' that's at issue. Its the reputation of gc.com's weekly mail server(s). Perhaps yahoo and gmail aren't as fussy about loads of bad addresses?

Given the accounts missing them this time, though, it sounds more global than my usual comcast.net problem. Did anyone get one this week? Pipe up if you did!

Edited by ecanderson

Did anyone get one this week? Pipe up if you did!

I have a private domain that it goes to, generally I don't miss any. None this week. Other emails are coming through fine. I'll go for the editor on holiday leave or an overly busy party schedule. I don't expect anything until after the 1st.

If there was no one around to generate the 'editorial content', that's fine. No reason not to publish the automatic portion (upcoming event dates and caches within geographic area). It should be possible to generate that without too much time or thought, if any at all. One would expect it is pretty well a push-button proposition.

The regular weekly newsletter arrived last night.

But in all seriousness, one of the great things about geocaching is the sense of pride and accomplishment that comes with finding a tricky geocache, climbing a mountain or filling in your Fizzy Grid. So in the spirit of New Year resolutions, why not challenge yourself to geocaching greatness?

B.