TB drop before an event

Hi,

I've noticed several "TB drop" write-note entries in events' logs before the events happen, so the event caches are showing TBs present in advance. I guess this is a way of saying "I'm going to bring TB X to this event and hand it over there", but I don't see why you would log a drop before the event date, since you could get the TB more mileage by visiting other caches before then.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Hi,

I've noticed several "TB drop" write-note entries in events' logs before the events happen, so the event caches are showing TBs present in advance. I guess this is a way of saying "I'm going to bring TB X to this event and hand it over there", but I don't see why you would log a drop before the event date, since you could get the TB more mileage by visiting other caches before then.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

I have a geocoin that I only take to events. It's my personal record keeper.

I also have one that I only use to visit EarthCaches. And I have Found It, DNF, and several other geocoins that only visit caches with me.

For me, geocoins are for collecting and keeping. It's not about the milage they can aquire. :)

I have a geocoin that I only take to events. It's my personal record keeper.

I also have one that I only use to visit EarthCaches. And I have Found It, DNF, and several other geocoins that only visit caches with me.

For me, geocoins are for collecting and keeping. It's not about the milage they can aquire. :)

Oh, I wasn't thinking about the trackables that people never turn loose: it makes more sense for those.

And you can take trackables to events so that other people can discover them, or you can hand them off to other people.

And you can take your own trackables to show other folks.

Logging them into the event lets people know what trackables will be there. Maybe there's going to be something that they've been wanting to find. People could have those trackables on their watchlists.

It's not always about mileage.

B.

And you can take trackables to events so that other people can discover them, or you can hand them off to other people.

And you can take your own trackables to show other folks.

Logging them into the event lets people know what trackables will be there. Maybe there's going to be something that they've been wanting to find. People could have those trackables on their watchlists.

It's not always about mileage.

B.

If I place another users TB in a event inventory it will be to hand it off to another geocacher. I'm holding one now that needs a good sized cache or hotel to drop it off in to continue it's mission. :)

I don't do events very often, but it seems obvious to me that this insures that the TB's logged into the event before whoever takes it wants to log it out. If you wait until after the event to log in the TB, then they'll have to wait for you to get home and log the drop. Worst case, you don't make it to the event after all, so you have to delete the drop.

The only thing that doesn't fit that explanation is that I'd expect the drop to be attached to the Will Attend log instead of a Note.