Custom Travel Bug code available?

MotorBug

Are you talking about ordering a TB with a code that you pick out? Or ordering s TB decal but using an existing code?

If it's the first, no can do. At best you can buy the codes, and choose a prefix. But that has allot of disadvantages, one being you have to buy a lot of the codes, and spend a lot of money. Or look for one hat has an acceptable code, but that's just up to chance.

If it's the second, yes you can. You can take any code from any trackable you own, and put it on any object. For example get a travel bug decal from Debbie Does Decals (Google it) and use the code from a travel bug you have laying around. It must be your trackable though, or they (the decal place) can provide you with one for additional charge.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I wasn't clear, I want to create my own code like 15JEEP or some such. Okay, can't be done, got it. I like that Jeep and may do that one. I have a couple of unactivated TBs around. I'll hunt them down and see if I like the codes.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I wasn't clear, I want to create my own code like 15JEEP or some such. Okay, can't be done, got it. I like that Jeep and may do that one. I have a couple of unactivated TBs around. I'll hunt them down and see if I like the codes.

It would be cool if you could use the numbers to one of the Jeep trackables and not just have the generic icon.

Here is a nice decal for an FJ.

Some cachers made a vanity license plate from a TB tracking number. Whatever you decide, make it so it's fun & cool for people to discover.

Although you can't create an official Groundspeak Trackable gamepiece using your own made-up numbers, you may be able to choose one. There's a big yearly Cache Event in the area I live, and companies have booths full of Trackables. I bought some trackable tags that had tracking numbers I liked. For one thing, I got a couple that had no "O" and "0" type conflicts that may be confusing for finders to log. But 1 or 2 have more memorable codes than most. If you can attend an event and browse the TBs (and other kinds of tags or even coins), you may find something interesting. Along the lines of what MPH said, you might buy a coin that has a great icon when logged.

Edited by kunarion