What happened to the cache list on the LH side of the map?

connies

I've been away from Geocaching for a couple of months. Now I'm going on a trip and searching for caches. What happened to the list of caches that used to appear on the left hand side of a map? That was a very useful feature for me. Having to bounce between a search screen and the map is very tedious.

I've been away from Geocaching for a couple of months. Now I'm going on a trip and searching for caches. What happened to the list of caches that used to appear on the left hand side of a map? That was a very useful feature for me. Having to bounce between a search screen and the map is very tedious.

I assume that you're using the new Search page then selecting the "Map these Results" link.

From what I understand, because the new search page implements some new filters that the map page does not yet understand (i.e. filter by favorites, caches with corrected coordinates), the panel on the left side of the page (which can be toggled on/off) is made unavailable because the new filters cause problems with the map. There's a "Clear Search Filters" button in it's place which will restore the side panel but then you've lost all the search criteria (other than the center point on the map).

For creating a list of caches before going on a trip you can still use the old search page or pocket queries and view them on the map page with the side panel.

Personally, I think fixing the integration between the search page and map page should have been done long ago, and certainly before introducing another broken feature like the new messaging system.