How to Archive a Travel Bug

acachebox

Go to your profile, navigate to "Trackable Items (Yours)", click on the TB in question and see under "Actions" the option to mark the TB as missing. Click "GO" and take it from there.

You never know .. someone might actually find it and drop it somewhere. This will bring it back to life. :)

Edited by BC & MsKitty

I have to archive one of my travel bugs but can't see how. Unlike all those TB that are stolen mine just blew off the back of my truck.

You don't need the actual tag in order to continue to use the TB tracking number. You can put the number on another object--print it, engrave it, whatever, and it can continue to live and travel.

Just so you know... there is no "archival" mechanism for a trackable item.

I'm guessing that is because the whole thing centers around the tracking number (not the item you sent out).

The number is valid forever -- or as long as geocaching.com exists, which ever comes first.

As mentioned above... if you want, mark it as "Missing". That will remove it from your Inventory.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I have to archive one of my travel bugs but can't see how. Unlike all those TB that are stolen mine just blew off the back of my truck.

You don't need the actual tag in order to continue to use the TB tracking number. You can put the number on another object--print it, engrave it, whatever, and it can continue to live and travel.

Good Answer

Thanks

Google "Debbie does decals"

Oddly enough they do decals. But the point is they can do travel bug decals, with any number, so you can get a new one made.

Oddly enough they do decals. But the point is they can do travel bug decals, with any number, so you can get a new one made.

I hope for Debbie's sake she is not in Dallas

Thanks

I have this one and used the numbers from my hiking stick medallion.