I lost track of my TB

acachebox

The last 3 posts seam to have explained my question. The TB had not been place since Feb and thus I had lost contact with it. When I looked for it yesterday I was taken back at the 12 pages of activity and lack of notification. That caused me to attempt to but it on my watchlist.

Thanks for the help

I have placed 3 travel bugs out there in the past month. All of them have been picked up, however one of them has not been "logged". Are there those that pick them up for keeping? It wasn't anything special...just a plain TB/dog tag. (irritating)

How do you know the one "not logged" was picked up?

Some (new phone kids mostly) pick them up without knowing what they're supposed to do with them, maybe thinking it's the treasure that was promised in this "real life treasure hunt".

Some, even long-time members hoard 'em, often to dump a bunch in one pile at an event (but most log 'em in).

- And yeah, there's been trackable thieves before I started...

Edited by cerberus1

I have placed 3 travel bugs out there in the past month. All of them have been picked up, however one of them has not been "logged". Are there those that pick them up for keeping? It wasn't anything special...just a plain TB/dog tag. (irritating)

It would help a lot if you would state exactly which tb you are talking about.

As an aside, your photo of Subi Express clearly shows the tracking number. You should edit the photo so that the tracking number is not visible.

I'm going to assume that this is the trackable that you are talking about, as logs after you dropped it indicate that there were no trackables in the cache.

http://coord.info/GC4JPK8

When previous logs, and your experience, show that all trackables have disappeared from a cache, that indicates that it is a very poor place to drop them.

That cache has a history of trackable disappearances, that you yourself commented on in your "found it" log.

Found it

06/06/2015

Didn't find a trackable so left one of our own. Help put the miles on the Subi!

And the cache continues to be a blackhole for trackables:

Found it

06/22/2015

Easy P&G No bugs!

Found it

06/23/2015

Visited again while teaching my troop to cache. TFTC! None of the trackers are in there.

B.

When previous logs, and your experience, show that all trackables have disappeared from a cache, that indicates that it is a very poor place to drop them.

Even though this is completely off my original question.

You may have hit on an idea. Considering the number of TBs that do go missing, for what ever reason, it would be very helpful if a SCORE of a cache could be listed on the caches home page. That score would indicate the number of TBs that have been lost from that cache. This would serve cachers who might be considering putting a TB in a given cache. TB owners would report these loses to Geospeak for notitation on the home page of the cache in question.

Unfortunately, even though I realize that will not server new caches well, will not put a TB in a None Premium members cache becasue of the frequency of them disappearing from those caches.

Unfortunately, even though I realize that will not server new caches well, will not put a TB in a None Premium members cache becasue of the frequency of them disappearing from those caches.

My first (and only) TB was taken from a PMO cache in which I dropped it. :( It goes to show, you never know!

My first (and only) TB was taken from a PMO cache in which I dropped it. :( It goes to show, you never know!

True.

And to date, the worst (caught) trackable hoarder was a long-time PM.

Yes but I can cut out ignorance of the game from the equation but not stupidity.

You may have hit on an idea. Considering the number of TBs that do go missing, for what ever reason, it would be very helpful if a SCORE of a cache could be listed on the caches home page. That score would indicate the number of TBs that have been lost from that cache. This would serve cachers who might be considering putting a TB in a given cache. TB owners would report these loses to Geospeak for notitation on the home page of the cache in question.

Doubtful that you'll ever see a "rating" of a cache on this site.

Simply viewing the logs could give you a rough idea though.

Yes but I can cut out ignorance of the game from the equation but not stupidity.

We still see long-time PMs trading trackables for swag.

Ignorance of the game hobby isn't just a newbie, basic member thing. :laughing: