Caching with Pets

It says 'The photo is no longer available'. Thus I cannot see what a ringneck is but I'll try to google it.

I cache with a dog. She has two purposes. First, she makes an excellent camouflage. I can observe the location while others see a dog owner waiting for her pet to stop sniffing that bush. Second, I have taught her to find caches and alert me discreetly when she spots it. Well, to be honest, I usually see the most likely spot long before the dog but dogs like to find things so I let her search too. And she is less like a sore thumb sticking out when she uses her nose than I am peeking and poking around.

It says 'The photo is no longer available'. Thus I cannot see what a ringneck is but I'll try to google it.

I cache with a dog. She has two purposes. First, she makes an excellent camouflage. I can observe the location while others see a dog owner waiting for her pet to stop sniffing that bush. Second, I have taught her to find caches and alert me discreetly when she spots it. Well, to be honest, I usually see the most likely spot long before the dog but dogs like to find things so I let her search too. And she is less like a sore thumb sticking out when she uses her nose than I am peeking and poking around.

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully this time.....

Lol yup sometimes we take our dog and he helps us look as though we're just 'out for a Sunday walk'. Henry on the other hand is a 'bird on a leash' and is a muggle magnet lol.

14558d1435372132-out-about-henry-geocaching-parrots-img_1106.jpg

14562d1435372672-out-about-henry-geocaching-parrots-img_1107.jpg

Yeah, now I can see your pictures and learned that Henry is a bird (English is not my first language so I did not recognize the name of the species). He is a handsome guy :) You do not see parrots on a walk often so he must draw a lot of attention.

And didn't I read somewhere a hint that someone caches with a cat? Unfortunately I do not remember where that was.

Yep, he's trained to it, it didn't happen over night. It's been pretty specifically designed for companion parrots, so lightweight and safe. I've been tempted to get him a wee travel tag to attach to it, but think that'll be too heavy. He loves car rides and trees, funnily enough! He's hand reared and pretty clingy though, so he wants to be with me when we're out and about....not sure how one would get on with a cat!

Yep, he's trained to it, it didn't happen over night. It's been pretty specifically designed for companion parrots, so lightweight and safe. I've been tempted to get him a wee travel tag to attach to it, but think that'll be too heavy. He loves car rides and trees, funnily enough! He's hand reared and pretty clingy though, so he wants to be with me when we're out and about....not sure how one would get on with a cat!

Buy a Travel Tag, and embroider that TB number onto the bird's harness.