Continuing Travel Bug Story

Shayna58

Ian fairly new to Geocaching and this is my first Travel bug: I picked up a travel bug on Sunday and won't be planting it until this Sunday. In the meantime, I've taken the TB on a hike and took photos, I thought it would be fun to post its adventures while I have it until I get to plant it again.

1.). Is it okay to do that?

2.). If yes, how?

Ian fairly new to Geocaching and this is my first Travel bug: I picked up a travel bug on Sunday and won't be planting it until this Sunday. In the meantime, I've taken the TB on a hike and took photos, I thought it would be fun to post its adventures while I have it until I get to plant it again.

1.). Is it okay to do that?

2.). If yes, how?

That's what I do, upload some pictures of a TB at choice locations. Many TBs have been to hundreds of caches without any photos. I like to change that. :anicute:

So you have options. You can do this with the current log, or make a Note log, or wait til you make the Drop log, whichever seems best to you. Click the "Visit Log" link, and there's an icon to "Upload Image".

Be sure no photos show the tracking number! Other than that, have fun!

What is Dipping and how do I record a dip?

He's speaking of a Visiting log, where the trackable logs say "took it to" on the trackables history.

Yupper... Dipping is "old-timer" terminology.

Used to be that one would "Place" a TB then promptly "Retrieve" it again. This would record that it had been taken to (that cache).

More lately, the "Visit" log has rendered dipping obsolete.... although you can still do that.

A "Visit" log does not generate an email notification to the trackable owner, whereas dipping (Drop/Retrieve) does.