"Temp log" for FTF?

hall-explorers

I just had a new cache published today. The FTF added "temp log" to his found log.

I hadn't seen that before and my first thought was that somehow the log paper was already missing, but it was there when I placed the cache, which was just this morning.

It then occurred to me that maybe it just meant the finder was putting that meaning that the log notes for the find on the cache page would later be updated with more details. Is that likely what was meant?

Edited by hall-explorers

I just had a new cache published today. The FTF added "temp log" to his found log.

I hadn't seen that before and my first thought was that somehow the log paper was already missing, but it was there when I placed the cache, which was just this morning.

It then occurred to me that maybe it just meant the finder was putting that meaning that the log notes for the find on the cache page would later be updated with more details. Is that likely what was meant?

It's highly likely that the finder has posted a quick temporary log with the intent of adding more detail later :)

Some people think that online logs (especially online FTF logs) must be posted immediately.

Some people don't like posting online logs from the field, and would rather post a real log when using a real keyboard at home.

One compromise is that some people post a brief "more later" kind of log from the field (so that everyone knows that the FTF has happened), and then they post a real log later, when using a real keyboard at home. My guess is that the "temp log" is this kind of log posted from the field.

*And* the finder was polite, thoughtful and gracious enough to log from the field after the FTF, *&* then to add more.

That way others have the choice to find it after work instead of rushing out on a busy lunchtime to try to get FTF which, unknown to them if the FTF doesn't log for hours, is no longer available.

But that's another thread, & those who find it "inconvenient" to log promptly will probably sniff at the "unsanctioned FTF side game."