Why isn't app showing new cache?

I received notification of a new geocache via my email, and it's showing on the website, but NOT showing on the app on my Android phone. Is there a way to refresh the app to make it show me the new cache? I'm at the location right now but can't get my app to guide me to the cache. And there doesn't seem to be any find/start feature on the browser version. Thanks.

Thanks. It just showed up in the app. Guess it just take a little while. Thanks again!

And I'll bet someone logged it as found be for either showed up? The intro app selects caches for suitable for beginners. Perhaps it sees no finds on a new cache, and equate that with no finds on an old cache, and says with no finds, it's not suitable for beginners.

And I'll bet someone logged it as found be for either showed up?

Spaceman Would you happen to remember if it triggered a new search when you eventually saw the newly posted cache ?

T.D.M. - No, it was still an unfound/new cache once it appeared. I was successful as a FTF. (My first FTF, yay!)

nkroy - Sorry, I'm not sure I understand "if it triggered a new search." I'm still a newbie, so I'm still not sure if I wasn't doing something right. But I was at the location in the parking lot for at least a half-hour or more, repeatedly trying to get the app to bring it up, with no luck, and then kept trying to use my browser to "guide" me to it, but I guess you can't do that with the browser method, only the actual app. Finally, it suddenly appeared, and I'm not sure if it was because of something I did or whether it just took that much time for the app to refresh.

Thanks for the input!

P.S. I'm assuming I don't have to do anything special for this find to be noted as a FTF? I assume that the fact that I was the first person to log as having found it automatically makes it a FTF? (I'm not even sure if FTFs are tallied).

P.P.S. Here's the actual cache, in case that adds anything:

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC5XZQM_cuddles

Edited by Spacemann Spiff

Logging it, or anything online really has nothing to do with FTF. The first person who finds it is FTF. No rules, no fair or unfair. FTF is a fact.

Now keeping track of it is something else. Geocaching website doesn't do that (and can't. The first person to log it may be the 4th to find it.) But there is project GC, or GSAK, or something like that that can keep track of any log with "FTF" innit.