Pocket Query - Caching along A Route

Adventure.AS

The pq search does not have that ability and they haven't added the pq feature to the search so no. Even if you could get apq with a minimum number of fp that number is not returned in a gpx file.

So the answer is no. Only a program with Api can do that

Thanks for the quick reply.

The easiest way I know to do this on the website is to set the parameters of the pq so it returns less than the maximum number of caches. Preview the pq and sort by favorite points. Select the ones that look most appealing to you and add to a bookmark. Create a pq of the bookmark list and download it. This works for me since since especially when I am traveling I use multiple criteria depending on location and purpose.

The new search has always had the fp box of at least for some time because I used it shortly after it came out. There have been many requests to add fp to pq evert since they were started without any success so don't hold your breath. But without the fp number in the downloaded file it loses its values.

Update: I made the suggestion to GC HQ and they replied that the new website search now has a FP filter and they are looking at adding the FP filter to PQs if enough members show interest in that feature.

Considering it's one of the most frequently-requested modifications to the PQ system, I'm not sure why they need to keep looking at it. There's most definitely enough interest.

...But without the fp number in the downloaded file it loses its values.

I'd say it loses very little value. Most people simply want to filter the PQ results based on FPs. If I know that my PQ only contains caches with >10 FPs, there really isn't any need to view the number of FPs on my device.

Update: I made the suggestion to GC HQ and they replied that the new website search now has a FP filter and they are looking at adding the FP filter to PQs if enough members show interest in that feature.

Considering it's one of the most frequently-requested modifications to the PQ system, I'm not sure why they need to keep looking at it. There's most definitely enough interest.

...But without the fp number in the downloaded file it loses its values.

I'd say it loses very little value. Most people simply want to filter the PQ results based on FPs. If I know that my PQ only contains caches with >10 FPs, there really isn't any need to view the number of FPs on my device.

Agreed. Creating a PQ filter which limits results to caches which have a minimum number of FPs would not be that difficult. The new search code does it. However, including the number of FPs a cache has would require a change in the schema for the Groundspeak extensions for the GPX file and that's going to be a lot more problematic.