Workshop Geocaching voor beginners (Noord)Limburg

DeOOpies

Here's what Google Translate gave me:

I regularly get the question from novice cachers to tell us more about our hobby. Would there be a need for a geocaching workshop for beginners? Who ???

A local parks district holds a geocaching class for beginners, recruiting experienced geocachers to help teach it. There is an explanation of geocaching at the trailhead, which lasts about 20 minutes. Then the instructor tells everyone that there is a geocache hidden right there at the trailhead, and asks them to raise their hands when they've spotted it. (It's a well-camouflaged hidden-in-plain-sight cache.) Then the students split into smaller groups, each with a pre-programmed loaner GPSr and an experienced geocacher as a guide. They spend a few hours finding an assortment of caches (different sizes, hide styles, etc.).

I've also taught beginners about geocaching on my own (usually kids at church). I usually start with about half an hour of introduction, with lots of hands-on examples to pass around (various containers, trackables, and even trade items). Then I take them to a spot where I've hidden a bunch of containers (various sizes, styles, etc.) and have them raise their hands when they've spotted a container that hasn't been pointed out yet. That all takes about an hour. I might take them out on a separate geocaching hike later.

I've attended Events that were classes/workshops to help geocachers improve some aspect of the game. Some focused on constructing containers, camouflage, and other "game pieces". Some focused on handmade trade items. Some focused on solving puzzles. It depended on what a local geocacher wanted to teach and help others with.