Bug was not dropped off Right

NessieMomma

So, we picked up a travel bug today, our third YAY!!

The issue with this one is, the person who dropped it in the cache did NOT log as when they dropped it. Therefore, as hard as I have tried, I cannot log it as picked up.

What should I do?

I don't want to just randomly drop it in another cache without having logged it as being picked up from its last location.

The other two we have picked up, everything went smoothly when I logged them as picked up, so I'm pretty sure I am doing the keystrokes correctly to log the retrieval.

Can I find out who owns this one with just the tracking number and then message the owner?

Thanks, I don't want someone to "lose" their bug.

The issue with this one is, the person who dropped it in the cache did NOT log as when they dropped it. Therefore, as hard as I have tried, I cannot log it as picked up.

What should I do?

Has the previous caches logged the cache? If not, they may be traveling or slow loggers. If they logged a found on the cache, send them an e-mail asking to "drop" the TB so you can log it too. Otherwise, grab and drop but give the previous cacher at least the opportunity to log their "drop"

BTW: I had a newbie grab a TB from me once that I dropped in a cache in the morning. By the time I got home it was already grabbed. Just grabbed it back and send them an e-mail not to be so anxious next time :ph34r: