Waymarking Site down ?

For some reason, Waymarking.com decided to log me out of the site. This is the secound time that I am aware of this. But today, I tried to log in and I get an error message from safari. It says "safari can't establish a secure conection to the server". I tried empting my cache and reseting safari but nothing. I tried going to the forums on my Mac, and it also logged me out there too and won't let me log back in. I'm typing this on my iPhone which is the only way I can use the site. Is this just me?

Waymarking.com is working fine, but geocaching maps is not. I get a very similar error message when I use the maps. Could the issues be connected? I saw another form for the map issue on geocaching and others were having issues with it so I know it's not my computer.

We have been seeing some slowdown issues and have been hitting some resource limits at around 7-9AM PST each day for the past several weeks. It seems to be the only time that this happens, we are trying to get to the bottom of what is causing it. We don't believe this is related to the previous problems that we had been seeing over the past several months.

Waymarking.com is working fine, but geocaching maps is not. I get a very similar error message when I use the maps. Could the issues be connected? I saw another form for the map issue on geocaching and others were having issues with it so I know it's not my computer.

We have been seeing some slowdown issues and have been hitting some resource limits at around 7-9AM PST each day for the past several weeks. It seems to be the only time that this happens, we are trying to get to the bottom of what is causing it. We don't believe this is related to the previous problems that we had been seeing over the past several months.

Thank you for letting us know. We are trying hard to support the hobby by creating and visiting waymarks -- and we appreciate that GS is supporting us by working the server issues.

Thank you for letting us know. We are trying hard to support the hobby by creating and visiting waymarks -- and we appreciate that GS is supporting us by working the server issues.

I think we are hitting those resource limits problems again :( 1056 CDT, 0856 PDT -- right on schedule

I don't know if this is related, but I can no longer login from IE at home. I can login from Chrome, but that's it. I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached, with the detailed description saying that perhaps DNS is down; which doesn't jive since I can get into it from Chrome!

It might be your browser. I had the same issue all last week with Safari on my Mac. I could go to Waymarking.com, but when I went to go log in it gave me a server error message. I went as far as bringing my computer to the Apple Store. They said that it was my software wasn't up to date. I updated my software and it works fine now. Although you have to look on the App Store on the mac, rather than Apple's website to do so which is why I haven't had the chance to do so up to that point. Chrome may have the same sort of issue. I think Waymarking.com may have updated their servers and older versions of internet apps such as Explorer, Safari, and Crome, won't recognize the new code.

So I think it's safe to say we have gotten the Waymarking site RAM issues under control. We've had 4 straight days with no morning issues so I have made a few new adjustments to the back end code to try and speed up the page load times. So far it seems to be pretty snappy. If things go back to a bad place I'll re-adjust in a day or so.

Thanks,

bootron

So I think it's safe to say we have gotten the Waymarking site RAM issues under control. We've had 4 straight days with no morning issues so I have made a few new adjustments to the back end code to try and speed up the page load times. So far it seems to be pretty snappy. If things go back to a bad place I'll re-adjust in a day or so.

Thanks,

bootron

BOOTRON -- Thank you for helping us. REALLY appreciate it -- we have felt unloved and unsupported (rightly or wrongly) for a long time here, and to see you respond to us and fix our issues is heartening.

We have really turned to Waymarking as a family. The girls are liking it more than skirt-lifter caches. It's fun to learn so much about the places we go, and it's a blast to see our waymarks later in other contexts. For example: on tonight's (1 Sep 2015) episode of Hotel Impossible set along Rte 66 in AZ, we saw several of our WMs that we created when we were in Flagstaff, Seligman, and Williams AZ.

Caching doesn't have that aspect -- or the aspect of leaving some knowledge behind for others to find.

Again, thank you BOOTRON for your support of this special hobby.

I haven't had any problems since bootron's last post. Very fast uploads, all is sweet, use Chrome. I registered for the free upgrade to Windows 10 but will probably stick with Win 7.

That reminds me - off topic, but topical:

Has anyone here installed Windows 10 yet? I read that it's supposed to be more Win 7 like and less Win 8 like - a huge improvement over the much hated Win 8. So far I'm sticking with 7, as well, but will do the update sometime in the next year.

AND - since this reply dropped under Bootron's last post and we had been plagued by the same thing - THANKS, BOOTRON!!!

Edited by BK-Hunters