Waymarking Site down ?

503 messages - site is back down

Has geocaching done something to reduce server capacity for Waymarking?

I don't know, but it looks like that Groundspeak has invested most of their time into Geocaching than Waymarking with the new special summer souvenirs such as Geocaching Roadtrip 2015 and more trackable promotions than usual. I have also noticed that they don't really update Waymarking.com for routine maintenance such as with geocaching.com. Usually, I see a little bar at the top of my screen when they warn me when Geocaching.com will be down for maintenance. I can't recalled if they have ever done this with Waymarking. Also, I can see evidence of this within our profiles. When you go under maps, statistics, etc, it tells you that that is a new feature, although it's been there for a couple of years now.

...I don't know, but it looks like that Groundspeak has invested most of their time into Geocaching than Waymarking...I have also noticed that they don't really update Waymarking.com for routine maintenance such as with geocaching.com... When you go under maps, statistics, etc, it tells you that that is a new feature, although it's been there for a couple of years now.

bluesnote, that's not new. It's fact that the focus lies on 'Geocaching.com'. We have to live with that. :omnomnom:

NEW ISSUE - Province/State dropdown not working.

When trying to submit I receive this error message:

Could not find a part of the path 'E:\inetpub\Waymarking.com\xml\scoring_schema.xml'.

The same error message occurs with any category tried.

Just began within the last hour - submitted several earlier.

Unable to post - Select State / Province - dropdown not working.

This is the error message I Get:

Could not find a part of the path 'E:\inetpub\Waymarking.com\xml\scoring_schema.xml'.

I have the same. It's very annoying. But despite the error message, most functions like picture upload and submit do actually work in the back end. It's just the state/province dropdown that cannot be used.

I have to correct my statement. It does usually not work. Only when the proximity alarm is triggered, then you can move on. So currently it's only possible to post waymarks, where there is already an a waymark of the same category with half a mile ?! :anicute:

Was experiencing similar problems as reported yesterday but could still log visits. Today I get:

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. You may choose to retry your previous request. Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred:

And it truly does not log the visit and I have to start again.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'controls_homepagepushcontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Source Error:

Line 18: <uc1:HomePageDisplay ID="HomePageDisplay1" runat="server"></uc1:HomePageDisplay>

Line 19: <uc1:NewSearchControl ID="NewSearchControl1" runat="server"></uc1:NewSearchControl>

Line 20: <uc1:HomePagePushControl ID="HomePagePushControl1" runat="server"></uc1:HomePagePushControl>

Line 21: <uc1:BlogControl ID="BlogControl1" runat="server"></uc1:BlogControl>

Line 22: <uc1:WaymarkControl ID="WaymarkControl1" runat="server"></uc1:WaymarkControl>

Source File: E:\inetpub\www.Waymarking.com\Waymarking.Web.release-20150622.1.Release_13\default.aspx Line: 20

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'controls_homepagepushcontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Source Error:

Line 18: <uc1:HomePageDisplay ID="HomePageDisplay1" runat="server"></uc1:HomePageDisplay>

Line 19: <uc1:NewSearchControl ID="NewSearchControl1" runat="server"></uc1:NewSearchControl>

Line 20: <uc1:HomePagePushControl ID="HomePagePushControl1" runat="server"></uc1:HomePagePushControl>

Line 21: <uc1:BlogControl ID="BlogControl1" runat="server"></uc1:BlogControl>

Line 22: <uc1:WaymarkControl ID="WaymarkControl1" runat="server"></uc1:WaymarkControl>

Source File: E:\inetpub\www.Waymarking.com\Waymarking.Web.release-20150622.1.Release_13\default.aspx Line: 20

That is my error message on the Waymarking welcome page.

Things are looking better. Still an issue on the profile/stats tab. The Waymarks Posted Per Month and Cumulative Posts Per Month have a black X.

Best Month 164 posts in March of 2012 Best Year 982 posts in 2012

Waymarks Posted Per Month

X

Cumulative Posts Per Month

X

Yearly Breakdown

I am also seeing what you're seeing. And for a day now, I've been getting "Could not find a part of the path 'E:\inetpub\Waymarking.com\xml\scoring_schema.xml'." when trying to create a new waymark. I've also noticed that I'm not receiving confirmation/approval emails on my waymarks that are being cleared.

Every thing working fine now.

It's not working fine.

I can not upload pictures to my visits an new posting ones.

Same here.I did get one waymark through but then got this error on the next when uploading a photo:

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

It's a miserable cold & wet day - perfect for catching up, perhaps.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Just received the identical error msg. several times when trying to upload a pic. Everything was working sooooo well!! Got about 30 posted with no problems, then WHAM, everything comes to a screeeeeeching halt!!!

Moral - Never EVER get the idea that they've gotten all the bugs out. It seems it will never happen. But We're gonna keep sluggin' along, in spite of the miserably buggy website. They're NEVER gonna make us quit!!

Darn, I just tried submitting one in the hopes that I'd get lucky and that the problem is isolated to only some of the servers in the farm, but the state dropdown just won't work. It sounds like Groundspeak made some pretty big changes to their server infrastructure recently, so I guess there are some lingering side effects.

I don't know if the Groundspeak devs need to know or not, but I'm currently experiencing the problem on WAYMARK-WEB01. If anyone else wants to post which server they're seeing the problems on, view the source of the page you're on and look near the end (about 150 lines before the end) for a line that looks like this:

<!-- Server: WAYMARK-WEB01; Build: Waymarking.Web.release-20150622.1.Release_13 -->

If your browser lets you do a "find" while viewing the source, do a find for "server", because that seems to be the only place that word is used in the code.

It's working perfect this morning here in The Netherlands.

Posting and visits NO problems with the pictures anymore and fast uploading.

Even the N/E Bug looks almost gone. SUPERB no clicking 5-6 times anymore to get it in the EAST.

Fingers crossed. :)

Only the banner on the profile page has a broken link and is not showing.

Thx Guys.

After 23 new postings and a few visits can't upload pictures anymore. <_<

I'm on server WAYMARK-WEB02 too on the "An Error Has Occurred" page".

Surfing on the site is a little slow but no big problems, it gives only an ERROR when i upload a picture.

Edited by dreamhummie

I agree with The A-Team that it's a good idea to report in your forum post which server served out the web page whether it is failing or working good. I had the same idea that it might be that N out of M servers in the farm are having issues. Perhaps Groundspeak already knows that, but we users may begin to see a pattern.

After sailing (though far from briskly) along for all of 25 minutes, the dreaded "An Error Has Occurred" page rears its ugly head when selecting a pic in a gallery.

<!-- Server: WAYMARK-WEB01; Build: Waymarking.Web.release-20150622.1.Release_13 -->

BTW it also happened with

<!-- Server: WAYMARK-WEB02; Build: Waymarking.Web.release-20150622.1.Release_13 -->

So we can't blame one more than the other.

Edited by BK-Hunters

After sailing (though far from briskly) along for all of 25 minutes, the dreaded "An Error Has Occurred" page rears its ugly head when selecting a pic in a gallery.

The same thing happened to me as well. It worked for about 20 minutes, just enough time to download photos from my camera and search to see if there are any waymaks that have already been posted. And right when I'm submitting my first one. Boom! I get a bunch of error messages, one after the other on my different tabs. At least we can now say what the problem is and groundpeak will listen. After doing this for about 10 minutes straight with error message after message, I think the site just had it and now Safari gives tells me that the server has dropped connection due to it being busy. Is anyone else having similar issues right now or is this just on my computer?

I am unable to review waymarks - Tried clicking on link in email notifications, & triangle link by MY WAYMARKS.

Tried on Laptop & Desktop.

I'm having the same issue. Can't review waymarks when I go to the homepage. When I click the little triangle icon, it brings me to the error page.

Well, the Gerbils got tired pretty quickly this time. Here's the latest error message I received when uploading a photo.

An error occured in the File Upload Service. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59.9843511. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.