New Life for Trackables?

guiderchachi

About two years ago I had a coin disappear while travelling. No big deal, it happens, you get used to it. In April of this year I got a log notice saying it had been found and then I got another that says

"I would like present to you my new project "NLFYT" New Life for your Trackables.

Enjoy !!!

(visit link)"

THe link is this: http://nlfyt.webnode.cz/fotogalerie/

I don't understand. Have they simply downloaded the picture I posted on the coin page and laminated it? Where would they get the number? Since April it has filled 15 pages of logs. Should I contact the person who has done this? The latest log shows it being in a cache in the Czech Republic. I don't get how it went missing in Ontario Canada in an archived cache to someone's pocket in Europe.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Guiderchachi

Probably just randomly picked numbers, yours came up, and copied something from the trackable page.

I wouldn't contact the person doing this, but I would contact Groundspeak in email, and tell them someone seems to be sending out proxy copies of others property without their permission (with the link).

Probably just randomly picked numbers, yours came up, and copied something from the trackable page.

I wouldn't contact the person doing this, but I would contact Groundspeak in email, and tell them someone seems to be sending out proxy copies of others property without their permission (with the link).

I actually decided to contact after I posted this request. As I was reading your response, I got this response:

"Big Greetings From Czech Republic!

My name is Jakub and i play Geocaching since 2008. I would like present to you my new project "NLFYT" New Life for your Trackables.

http://nlfyt.webnode.cz/fotogalerie/

I saw, that your trackable is few years missing.Me and few small friends re-making missing travelers in this hand-made project.We get tracking code and made copy of this one.

Coin/dog tag is water resist and foldable and is-always will be only yours :-) We will give him new life. Trackables should be traveling, that is the reason, why we do that. We do it for-free, we just wont ask you if you agree or not agree. Let us know anyway.Coin is already made..if you dont agree write to us your opinion and we will respect him and plastic coin will be destroyed.

Have a nice day!"

I noticed that they have some other missing trackables redone like this. I will contact Groundspeak.

Thanks,

Guiderchachi

I actually decided to contact after I posted this request. As I was reading your response, I got this response:

"Big Greetings From Czech Republic!

My name is Jakub and i play Geocaching since 2008. I would like present to you my new project "NLFYT" New Life for your Trackables.

http://nlfyt.webnode.cz/fotogalerie/

I saw, that your trackable is few years missing.Me and few small friends re-making missing travelers in this hand-made project.We get tracking code and made copy of this one.

Coin/dog tag is water resist and foldable and is-always will be only yours :-) We will give him new life. Trackables should be traveling, that is the reason, why we do that. We do it for-free, we just wont ask you if you agree or not agree. Let us know anyway.Coin is already made..if you dont agree write to us your opinion and we will respect him and plastic coin will be destroyed.

Have a nice day!"

I noticed that they have some other missing trackables redone like this. I will contact Groundspeak.

Thanks,

Guiderchachi

Yeah, they make it sound like they're doing you a favor by re-sending your trackable out, when actually they randomly generated owners numbers (stolen them) and sent them back out as a proxy, whether the TO wanted to or not.

What if you were sending out a proxy copy of your own at the same time?

Weird.