Are TBs being phased out?

LuLilac

I just got a fancy new phone and so I now have the newer version of the ap. Not only are TBs not listed in the caches, but when you find a cache there is no option to dip or drop a TB.

I read that Groundspeak decided to leave tbs off the new version because it was too common for listed tbs to be missing and the finding cachers would be disapointed. But, really, it only takes a few clicks to see when the tb was dropped and how many people have visited since. I think it is pretty easy to tell whether the tb is likely to be there. For me, that is part of the challenge.

This might be an old conversation for some, but just thought I'd ask. I find the lack of tb listings making me go grrrrrrrrr...

LuLilac

I read that Groundspeak decided to leave tbs off the new version because it was too common for listed tbs to be missing and the finding cachers would be disapointed. But, really, it only takes a few clicks to see when the tb was dropped and how many people have visited since. I think it is pretty easy to tell whether the tb is likely to be there. For me, that is part of the challenge.

TB logs require a ton of paperwork (especially if you took and placed several TBs on the trip and if you intend to post human-produced text and photos and not make a mess of things :anibad:), switching between cache pages and TB pages, on the web site using a PC. A TB logged out of sequence would be quite a challenge for any App to unscramble, and non-logged and mislogged TBs require extra detective work. Plus, before you place a TB, you may have to wait for the previous cacher to catch up on his logs. Just having a checkbox to allow you to "dip" your own coin, that might not be such a big deal to add -- if it's your own TB that's forevermore "Visiting" caches with you :ph34r:.

If TB Inventory is shown, it seems to me that TB Management must be added, too. And, yeah, the Inventory is wrong at most any cache, and would be so even if everyone were logging correctly all the time. That's because the logs lag the actions. Even with a real-time App, you'll be waiting for logs to occur, so that you can make the TB log.

An App to smooth the whole process of TB management would be cool. But it would be an amazing feat of programming.

Edited by kunarion