When Ants Attack 🐜

Zork V

Wow - those pictures are crazy!

Was there something in the cache to attract the ants - any scented swag, for instance? Around here, I've never seen ants invade a cache unless there was something they were attracted to.

They seem to be nesting. I have a cache camo that recently became home to ants. The container is sealed, the camo cover had a nest inside. For ammo boxes on the ground, ants chillin between that and the ground. At a match tube (tucked in a larger tube) in a tree, it was a surprising number of earwigs. The ideal temperature, moisture, protection from weather. I guess.

Anyway, when this sort of thing happens, ace is the place for me. If you know what I mean. B)

Edited by kunarion

Anyway, when this sort of thing happens, ace is the place for me. If you know what I mean. B)

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I had one a few years ago that was a hollowed out tree stump (cut... you know the kind from the CCC thread). Ants decided the stump would make a good place to raise their kids and I had to convince them they were mistaken. I played my ace in the hole.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I had one a few years ago that was a hollowed out tree stump (cut... you know the kind from the CCC thread). Ants decided the stump would make a good place to raise their kids and I had to convince them they were mistaken. I played my ace in the hole.

:laughing:

Edited by kunarion