Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
The GeoSpy

GeoArt Ideas Needed

8 posts in this topic

Ever heard of GeoArt? If you haven't, it is basically just geocaches that are arranged so that they form shapes or symbols when they are viewed from the Geocaching.com geocache map. So, do you have any good ideas for a GeoArt project? Please post your ideas and suggestions below. Feel free to post here as many times as you want to. Your ideas are greatly appreciated.

This is an example of GeoArt:

post-11663419-021282800 1434219764_thumb.jpg

Ever heard of GeoArt? If you haven't, it is basically just geocaches that are arranged so that they form shapes or symbols when they are viewed from the Geocaching.com geocache map.

Yeah, it's ? caches placed every 528 feet that form shapes or symbols when they are viewed from the Geocaching.com geocache map. :laughing:

Just another name for power trails. Can you tell I'm not a fan? :D

Ever heard of GeoArt? If you haven't, it is basically just geocaches that are arranged so that they form shapes or symbols when they are viewed from the Geocaching.com geocache map.

Yeah, it's ? caches placed every 528 feet that form shapes or symbols when they are viewed from the Geocaching.com geocache map. :laughing:

Not all of them, apparently.

Click on the photo in the OP to enlarge it.

B.

Please keep on topic.

Not all of them, apparently.

Click on the photo in the OP to enlarge it.

B.

I still can't get that link to work.

One of two power trails/geoart close me is ? caches placed every 528 feet along a highway and form a pig on the map. The other is 141 ? caches of different D/T ratings, multi's and a Wherigo, and some placed in historic locations that form a house/Inn on the map. It's called a geotour. I would never just go out and log a power trail and call it geoart to have the icons on a map at random places.

I do think it interesting to find traditionals placed that form geoart, but that would be difficult here in the mountains. :)

Edit to add: Got the link to work, that is pretty darn cool. I would attempt those caches.

Edited by Manville Possum Hunters

In lake lure NC, someone made a giant smiley face over the lake, that made me chuckle. Maybe go for something more creative though, what about something that combines with the landscape to form a picture?

I think it would be cool to create geoart that used puzzles, where the image changed once the puzzles were solved and the icons were displayed at the solved locations instead of the posted locations.