Who's the new guy?

briansnat

I had a cache approved very quickly last night by someone who approves under the name NJ Admin. Immediately after it was approved, it was on someone's watch list (had to be the admin), so it's my guess that NJ Admin is a local geocacher working as an approver under an assumed name. Who do you think it is? (my top 4 guess are below)

It ain't me.

Who ever it is did the right thing using a pseudonym. It will save them from having death threats from silly cachers.

Congrats to the new Admin. Who ever it is.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

quote:
My vote would be for TheMagician and his New Jersey Geocaching Association. I think the trend has been to allowing such groups to approve caches.

Do they even exist yet? But I don't think so. It's a northern or central Jersey guy...like maybe...Mopar?

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

He (or she) approved two of my caches the other day (in under 20 minutes!). I traded some emails to thank them - but don't know who it is.

Regardless - it's nice to have a local approver who's on the ball!

Thanks!

Nine out of ten people who change their minds are wrong the second time too.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Anybody who says it's someone else is suspect!

The only person who outright denied it was Harrald.

_"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues"_ -Abraham Lincoln

Then that makes him a stronger suspect, lol.

That and the guy starting the thread.

But seriously, Harrald is right about the whole pseudonym thing. After the recent witchhunt, and several admin bashing posts, I don't know why anyone would even want the job, let alone admit to it. My latest cache (listed under Mickey225's account) was approved quick, but I admit to emailing one approver I've always had good experience with and asking him to handle it.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

NJadmin archived a cache I had sent a note about the other day. Right quickly too.

Admins have their heads up the buttocks of GC.com, if I read that other thread correctly. With that, I'd vote for Mopar! icon_eek.gif

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose

I voted "other". I wonder if approving your own cache would be a conflict of interest?

In any event, a little perception might reveal the mystery approver, especially if people have received mails from him/her/it. People have a tendancy to NOT change their personalities while changing pseudonyms, and things like spelling and grammar habits (amongst others) will often drift across. Unless it's Boblog. Assuming that they also post here, so you can compare writing styles.

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

How about StayFloopy or BassoonPilot?

Both of those guys are so prolific at finding caches, they'd make great approvers. They could approve the cache and log the 'first find' at the same time!

Azog's got a good point though. Writing styles are a good clue.

Maybe we need an game of 'What's my line?' Give me some coordinates and I'll track them down!!! Hey, everyone likes a good mystery and I agree with what others have said, the person's obviously got good judgement using a pseudonym.

Nine out of ten people who change their minds are wrong the second time too.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Azog? Hmmmmm, didn't think of him. I wonder

Na, since I don't have a PC at home (it took a suicial nose-dive), or even a net connection anymore (w/o a PC, why pay $40/mo for DSL?), if it were me, you'd be waiting anywhere from one to three days for me to approve icon_smile.gif

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

quote:
Originally posted by geo-Packrat:

Who's the Approver for Central PA???

It's going on 48 hours for 2 caches that I have submitted.(true they are also waiting for PArk Ranger Approval, but I am following their rules)

There is nothing like a Packrat who is a geocacher.

I'm pretty sure thats Leprechaun, although I thought he was east of the website buttocks, not west.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Mopar, you're in New Jersey and I'm in Pittsburgh. I am west of your head, not east of your head. Do I need to draw you a friggin' diagram?

geo-Packrat, I'm sorry... if people didn't have to spend so much time keeping Mopar in line, maybe your caches would get approved quicker. (But not by me.)

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Mopar, you're in New Jersey and I'm in Pittsburgh. I am _west_ of your head, not _east_ of your head. Do I need to draw you a friggin' diagram?

geo-Packrat, I'm sorry... if people didn't have to spend so much time keeping Mopar in line, maybe your caches would get approved quicker. (But not by me.)

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

Ahh, thats the problem. I thought the actual buttocks were on the left coast.

quote:
Originally posted by HartClimbs:

How about StayFloopy or BassoonPilot?

Both of those guys are so prolific at finding caches, they'd make great approvers. They could approve the cache and log the 'first find' at the same time!

That's precisely why I can't be an approver.

New cache? Hold on... let me go check that it is there and hidden properly. icon_smile.gif

i guess when mtn man came here last weekend, it was really to bring a new approver into the fold. of the four or five of us that met him, i can assure you niether myself, nor my wife were asked about it. that leaves mopar and planet and possibly Ttepe. my vote is mopar. Hey alan2, we are moving back to queens, and, actually into your neighborhood as my wife took a job at Jamaica Hosp. Were gonna be neighbors! arent you lucky! heh

SR and dboggny.

9372_2600.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Frolickin:

Hmmm . . . registered a week ago, has 11 posts, but only the above one is returned in searches.

Fro.

Admin forums

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

well I know its NOT me. And no members of the NJGA have mentioned it to me. And yes the NJGA does exist we actually had a meeting .We will have another in May In south jersey.

I also noticed how fast they were getting posted. People email me they put one out and its listed the next day. Now if I could just get them to list the NJGA web site that fast!

Alumni of Cache U !

Now it should be easy to figure it out. I turns out the the NJAdmin is out of town. I posted The Cache Where YOU are the GPS the other day, and NJAdmin got right back to me, on my post I requested that the cache should go up until Friday. (I was actually surprised that the cache got reviewed so quick) Anyway, last night the Tennessee approver contacted me stating that NJAdmin was out of town and he'd approve it.

So now it should be easy to figure out who this mystery person is. If you're not out of town, then your not NJAdmin! icon_smile.gif

Darn, that eliminates me. icon_confused.gif

But wait, my wife is out of town! icon_eek.gif

ok, im back... what did i miss?

lol, I stashed a cache the other day and submitted it in the evening and i got approved later that night with a nice reply from NJadmin via Email.

Tx NJA

"Problems are merely opportunities for interesting solutions which can be implemented by those with the courage to be different."

"Thanks NJ Admin"

This guy bent over backwards to help us get our caches approved in time for the Spring Picnic event. He also answered all the e-mails and stupid questions us computer illiterates could throw at him.(or her?) icon_confused.gif

njski...

hmmmm.... kinda reminds me of when I was trying to get my mirco approved... th NJAdmin kept asking me kinda dumb questions... at the same time ** cough MOPAR cough ** was instant mess.'ing me kinda the same questions!! Saying he would like to go to my cache since he lives in /new Jersey and all.. well Mopar's been there.... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Kinda makes me wonder!!

I think I know who it is, based on some searching and some

clues I believe the NJ Admin is actually from VA.

Out of respect for his identity, and because perhaps I am wrong I will keep

most of the information to my self. after all if it actually IS the

person I think then he has spent a great deal of effort in concealing his

identity and if it is NOT the person I am thinking then it would not be right

to cast accusations on an innocent party.

That and in the interest of the othe of the spoiler ( raise your right hand and

repeat after me " I promise on my honor, as a geocacher, never to deny the thrill of the find, to any geocacher not absolutely known by me, to be have logged the find,)(lower your hands)

however I will say how I came to find these clues and you can try to deduce for yourselves.

I did some research on his profile http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?ul=NJ+Admin

and checked the msg boards armed with that information, and found a likely suspect.

then I did some background work on this suspect and I could find nothing that would

point otherwise.

of course he could have put this quote in to throw us off track. but in one post

the suspect mentions obtaining multiple accounts regularly .

(that and the fact that scooby and shaggy pulled the mask off of this guy

at the end of the cartoon. <G> )

Scoobydooers

(I just love a mystery !)

quote:
Originally posted by CacheDog:

Can someone please wake this guy up. Its been three days now! I hope I dont have to rewrite my whole cache description.

Wide awake here, CacheDog. There is nothing for you pending that I can see. I'm sending you an email so we can discuss it further.