Missing Category for Parks

Visited a really nice park today at Beaver Lake in Carroll County, Arkansas, named Dam Site Park. It's one of the best parks I've visited by a Dam Site.

Problem is that this park does not fit into any Waymarking category. It is not a town or municipal park. It is not a state park. It is not a national park. It is administered by the United States Army Corp of Engineers (ACE), which also maintains the Beaver Lake Dam. Each of the park categories explicitly excludes parks that are not of that type. I really do not think that this is considered a private park at all. It is completely public.

The municipal park category (which I have a bunch of waymarks in) says to waymark things that aren't administered by a local municipality in one of the other park categories. None for this one.

Without taxing the brain significantly I come up with three of these parks that we've visited, all at dam sites. There have also have been others, not at dam sites, that we have been unable to shoehorn into an existing category. So, you can count this as a "Yeah" vote for a "non-governmental entity administered, managed, constructed or operated park".

Without taxing the brain significantly I come up with three of these parks that we've visited, all at dam sites. There have also have been others, not at dam sites, that we have been unable to shoehorn into an existing category. So, you can count this as a "Yeah" vote for a "non-governmental entity administered, managed, constructed or operated park".

There is already a category that may fit your needs, listed under Nature as "Public Access Lands" whose description says 'This category seeks to waymark forests and lands that are accessible to the general public and do not qualify as National, State, Provincial and/or Municipal parks.' Their requirements include: Has to be lands open to the general public that do not qualify as National, State, Provincial and/or Municipal Parks, Land should be accessible to anyone (no areas that require a membership to visit), The area has to be at least 1 hectare/acre/km/etc.in size, Must be listed as public access land either through signage on location or a reliable internet source verifying the land is indeed for public use.

Hopefully this category may cover your waymarks that do not fit into other Park categories.