Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
chenks

intro or not? can you make up your mind?

so we are back to calling this app "intro" again i see?

and the original app has been renamed back to "geocaching" from "backcountry".

it would be nice of GR could stick to some sort of cohesive strategy. it seems at the moment you are just bouncing back and forth with no real focus.

so you agree then, there isn't a cohesive strategy.

if there was then they wouldn't have backtracked on recent changes.

besides, when did GR start listening to its customers!

so you agree then, there isn't a cohesive strategy.

if there was then they wouldn't have backtracked on recent changes.

besides, when did GR start listening to its customers!

If they didn't listen to us, there would be no Googlemaps. Who is this GR anyway?

Google maps has always been the mapping source in the android app. This discussion is solely about the android app(s).

GR typo, should be GS (but you knew that already).

Google maps has always been the mapping source in the android app. This discussion is solely about the android app(s).

GR typo, should be GS (but you knew that already).

But not on the website. Google maps was removed from the website and after complaints it was brought back for premium members. In other words they listened to us.

they listened to you (if you can call it that) because it gave them an extra income stream. they didn't listen to you if you were not a premium member.

however, you can use google maps without being a premium member, you just use a free extension to add it (as well as other maps).

they listened to you (if you can call it that) because it gave them an extra income stream. they didn't listen to you if you were not a premium member.

however, you can use google maps without being a premium member, you just use a free extension to add it (as well as other maps).

They're actually paying for google maps which is why it was removed in the first place.

no, they removed it because there were going to be charged for using them.

they brought them back when they worked out they could charge people to re-add them again.

anyway, that has nothing to do with the android app, so this is not the place for this discussion.

keep this on-topic.

I posted this today in a different section, this forums seems more on point,

I noticed today, June 12, 2015 that after an upgrade to my android app(now intro) I can no longer access many, many caches on my map. They are designated premium now where yesterday they were not. That's ok except that I am new to all this and have not decided whether I want to continue or not. With so many caches not available to me now how do I make a informed decision on whether to continue? Any input welcome. Thanks

I noticed today, June 12, 2015 that after an upgrade to my android app(now intro) I can no longer access many, many caches on my map. They are designated premium now where yesterday they were not. That's ok except that I am new to all this and have not decided whether I want to continue or not. With so many caches not available to me now how do I make a informed decision on whether to continue? Any input welcome. Thanks
It would help if you posted the GC codes of a few examples.

It would help if you posted the GC codes of a few examples.

I have re-posted in a different forum that seems to be discussing this subject. the problem is though, I can't even access the cache name via my phone now. Yesterday I could. So I can't give you a name that does not appear anymore. The gray dots that did not appear until today give me no information except to go premium to access.

By the way, thanks for replying, the new forum is titled "Geocaches changing to Premum only"

An example would be several caches around lake park in Tampa Florida. Caches are grayed out or have disappeared on my phone, still there on my pc. A couple belong to M and M.

Edited by skipperl