Always Update 'Last Visit'

ertyu

With many users accessing geocaching.com via the API or other means and never logging into the website, the 'Last Visit' indicator becomes erroneous and can't be relied upon for accuracy. It would be nice if this were updated when the user interacted with geocaching in any manor.

For example, I've found that the 'Last Visit' field is weeks or months ago even though a user has just logged a find on one of my owned caches.

Do the reviewers have access to a more accurate date?

They look at the last-active date (in some form) when deciding whether to nuke an abandoned cache. As best as I can tell, they look at the same date the rest of us can see.

Our reviewers explicitly don't look at that date, and in fact tend to react negatively if you insist on using it as an indicator of a cache owner's activity, for precisely the reason that it's a completely useless statistic these days.

It should either be replaced with a "last activity" date, or removed entirely, IMO. It serves no useful purpose at all in its current form.

Do the reviewers have access to a more accurate date?

They look at the last-active date (in some form) when deciding whether to nuke an abandoned cache. As best as I can tell, they look at the same date the rest of us can see.

Our reviewers explicitly don't look at that date, and in fact tend to react negatively if you insist on using it as an indicator of a cache owner's activity, for precisely the reason that it's a completely useless statistic these days.

It should either be replaced with a "last activity" date, or removed entirely, IMO. It serves no useful purpose at all in its current form.

Or perhaps, add adjacent to it, "Last Log Date". When I am looking at a cache that has not been found in a couple of years, and has some recent DNF's; I check the CO's profile. If "Last Visit" is not recent, I also check their (find) logs: "Geocaches" tab, "All Geocache Finds" (link). If the last log date is old, then I figure they are not "active". I guess they could have a string of recent DNF's that will not show here, but this seems to me to be the most data we can get on the CO.