Crow Bars Released 9/1

PCSAD

Attention New Jersey Geocachers - be on the lookout for gold "Crow Bars" beginning September 1, 2002! There are ten total, each with it's own identification number and redeemable for one very cool prize. Once you follow the instructions and your bar has been verified, you'll be given coordinates to your very own geocache containing your reward. Some crow bars just might sneak across the state line, so those not in the Garden State should keep an eye out as well. Now on to the boring information:

Just to clarify, these are not gold bouillon bars. They are metal bars that somewhat resemble the popular "Credit Suisse" one-ounce gold bar.

Please follow the instructions engraved on the bar. You must contact me to verify the bar's ID number (this step is to deter any would-be hucksters!) Once verified, I will send you the coordinates to your stach (which will not be posted elsewhere for others to view).

No personal information is required. Simpy include your Geocaching member name, as this will be used to personalize your prize.

There is nothing monetarily entailed of or incurred by any finder. This is not a commercial endeavor in any way and no profit will be made on my behalf. The sole expenditure will be mine and is to be limited to the amount needed to create each reward.

In the spirit of fair play, there is a limit of one bar per Geocacher. Any finder registering multiple entries will be disqualified.

Each recovered bar becomes sole property of the finder.

Here's where the real fun begins:

Once all ten Crow Bars have been validated and each prize recovered, every winner then stands a 10% chance of winning the as-yet-to-be-determined Grand Prize. I'm still mulling over suitable rewards, but rest assured it will be something substantial. There's just one catch:

Whereas your previous reward was private, the Grand Prize coordinates will be sent en masse to all ten winners. A random weekend date will be selected so as to include as many Geocachers as possible. I cannot be held liable for anyone's lack of availability. Call it a genteel journey, a rat race or a ruthless scavenger hunt - anything goes, and the first one there wins!

If you've any questions, comments or concerns, please contact me at: statuscrow@hotmail.com

Now THIS is what I was expecting when I read that article last winter about people walking around in circles in the woods holding a GPS looking for TREASURE.

September 1st huh? I'll need a devious tactic to convince Rich and Zhanna that they can be first finders at the greatest cache ever somewhere out near State College or Pittsburgh...

quote:
Originally posted by mikechim:

Cross state lines? How about dropping one off around hmmm I don't know maybe Erie, PA ? icon_smile.gif

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

Hey Mikechim, sounds like a good idea for a cache in our area...know any well off folks that might be interested?

JNC

quote:
Originally posted by mikechim:

Cross state lines? How about dropping one off around hmmm I don't know maybe Erie, PA ? icon_smile.gif

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

Hey Mikechim, sounds like a good idea for a cache in our area...know any well off folks that might be interested?

JNC

quote:
Originally posted by Team BLT:

I'll need a devious tactic to convince Rich and Zhanna that they can be first finders at the greatest cache ever somewhere out near State College or Pittsburgh...

Howdy, Joel! That plan might've worked if you didn't let the cat out of the bag. icon_razz.gif I guess I'll be hitting the road really, really early that morning ... like around 3:00am. He-he!!! icon_biggrin.gif I promise I will try to save a page in the logbook for you, OK? icon_smile.gif

Cheers .... icon_wink.gif

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

quote:

I'll need a devious tactic to convince Rich and Zhanna that they can be first finders at the greatest cache ever somewhere out near State College or Pittsburgh...

Howdy, Joel! That plan might've worked if you didn't let the cat out of the bag. icon_razz.gif I guess I'll be hitting the road really, really early that morning ... like around 3:00am. He-he!!! icon_biggrin.gif I promise I will try to save a page in the logbook for you, OK? icon_smile.gif

Cheers .... icon_wink.gif

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

Doh! Me and my big mouth.

That extra GPS will weigh you down and confuse you Rich so we will be victorious. Zhanna says she eats like a squirrel and Boomer eats like pig. Could stamina could be a deciding factor? icon_confused.gif

Boomer, sik bars!

P.S. - I get up before dawn to hunt and fish ONLY. I'll take a picture of a crow bar though so you two can see what one looks like anyway.

Doh! Me and my big mouth.

That extra GPS will weigh you down and confuse you Rich so we will be victorious. Zhanna says she eats like a squirrel and Boomer eats like pig. Could stamina could be a deciding factor? icon_confused.gif

Boomer, sik bars!

P.S. - I get up before dawn to hunt and fish ONLY. I'll take a picture of a crow bar though so you two can see what one looks like anyway.

quote:

Zhanna says she eats like a squirrel and Boomer eats like pig.

Hey, some squirrels eat more than you can imagine (right, R?)! If you asked Rich, he'd probably tell you that I eat more like a pig, anyway. Though you probably shouldn't believe most of what he says about me... icon_wink.gif

~Zh-ka~

quote:

Zhanna says she eats like a squirrel and Boomer eats like pig.

Hey, some squirrels eat more than you can imagine (right, R?)! If you asked Rich, he'd probably tell you that I eat more like a pig, anyway. Though you probably shouldn't believe most of what he says about me... icon_wink.gif

~Zh-ka~

icon_smile.gifI just logged in the "Belgians in Netcongo" icon_smile.gif

I'm surprised it was still there at 11:45AM

Thanks Statuscrow! After placing 10 caches, setting up the web page, setting up 10 individual caches, and of course, the final grand prize cache, It's obvious that you've invested a lot of time, effort, and expense into this venture. Just wanted to let you know that it appreciated!

icon_smile.gifI just logged in the "Belgians in Netcongo" icon_smile.gif

I'm surprised it was still there at 11:45AM

Thanks Statuscrow! After placing 10 caches, setting up the web page, setting up 10 individual caches, and of course, the final grand prize cache, It's obvious that you've invested a lot of time, effort, and expense into this venture. Just wanted to let you know that it appreciated!

Neither rain, nor mud, nor wet of boot shall keep these cachers from their well appointed gold!

Saw Zhanna and Aaron's evidence icon_rolleyes.gif

Got ours on the fifth try after falling in a creek but just a minor case of sogginess. icon_eek.gif

Not many left if we got it right. 5 total visits for us.

Accidentally caught a skunk in our groundhog trap so I have a smelly afternoon ahead of me. Good luck to the rest of you. Anyone have any ideas how I can get it released without it "releasing" on me??

Three cheers for Status Crow!

Neither rain, nor mud, nor wet of boot shall keep these cachers from their well appointed gold!

Saw Zhanna and Aaron's evidence icon_rolleyes.gif

Got ours on the fifth try after falling in a creek but just a minor case of sogginess. icon_eek.gif

Not many left if we got it right. 5 total visits for us.

Accidentally caught a skunk in our groundhog trap so I have a smelly afternoon ahead of me. Good luck to the rest of you. Anyone have any ideas how I can get it released without it "releasing" on me??

Three cheers for Status Crow!

Ah well, I tried to find the one in Lamington, but no luck. Dunno if anyone else found it. Saw a suspcious SUV with NY license plates, acting as if they were looking for something. They didn't see me, I was trolling under the bridge. Anyone?

----------

One banana, two banana, three banana, four.

Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more.

570019_600.jpg

Crow Bar #3: The Tree Muskie Nears

Couldn't make it yesterday due to previous commitments, but I was out there first thing this morning. Got lucky, I suppose ... this one was still unfound. (I left a note in its place just in case someone else shows up to search before seeing the report on Status Crow's website.) Thanks Status Crow for the exciting race. There was a lot of work and planning put into it! Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

Hard to believe there was still one left that I could find over a long lunch today, but I snagged #4 at "Aw, Why So Shad?" in Lambertville. And I came back to work with a muddy shoe to show for it! icon_razz.gif

Thanks, Status Crow, for a fun hunt.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin

Hard to believe there was still one left that I could find over a long lunch today, but I snagged #4 at "Aw, Why So Shad?" in Lambertville. And I came back to work with a muddy shoe to show for it! icon_razz.gif

Thanks, Status Crow, for a fun hunt.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin

When I read that Zhanna had snagged the very first of the gold Status Crow Bars on Sunday at 9:05 AM (in the pouring rain and nearly 80 miles from Scranton) my first thought was that she must have wanted it very badly. Well, today she told me that she really did! Now that's what I call determination. Nice going, you guys!

It appears that 4 out of the 10 bars went to PA. Not too shabby for us “foreigners,” I'd say. icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

When I read that Zhanna had snagged the very first of the gold Status Crow Bars on Sunday at 9:05 AM (in the pouring rain and nearly 80 miles from Scranton) my first thought was that she must have wanted it very badly. Well, today she told me that she really did! Now that's what I call determination. Nice going, you guys!

It appears that 4 out of the 10 bars went to PA. Not too shabby for us “foreigners,” I'd say. icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

When I read that Zhanna had snagged the very first of the gold Status Crow Bars on Sunday at 9:05 AM (in the pouring rain and nearly 80 miles from Scranton) my first thought was that she must have wanted it very badly. Well, today she told me that she really did! Now that's what I call _determination_. Nice going, you guys!

Thanks, R! Remember what I said about inspiration.

I also find it admirable that you honored your previous commitment. We all knew how much you wanted to get right out there and join the hunt on Sunday morning. Everything worked out perfectly anyway, didn't it? icon_wink.gif

~Zhannich~

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

When I read that Zhanna had snagged the very first of the gold Status Crow Bars on Sunday at 9:05 AM (in the pouring rain and nearly 80 miles from Scranton) my first thought was that she must have wanted it very badly. Well, today she told me that she really did! Now that's what I call _determination_. Nice going, you guys!

Thanks, R! Remember what I said about inspiration.

I also find it admirable that you honored your previous commitment. We all knew how much you wanted to get right out there and join the hunt on Sunday morning. Everything worked out perfectly anyway, didn't it? icon_wink.gif

~Zhannich~

Now that all the bars have been claimed, we're probably anxiously awaiting phase #3 (phase #2 seems to be the individual caches; phase #3 is the grand prize).

I'd like to make a suggestion for those who will be doing the "it's a mad mad mad mad world" dash to leave some sort of indication when/if it's found. You're going to have at least a dozen hysterical people (myself included) looking, but it might be nice to know if it's too late.

----------

quote:
Originally posted by The BeeGees:

Did you mean leaving an indication on the web page or at the cache site.

Just some sort of indication at the cache site, at ground zero. I think one of the teams dropped a note where they found the bar, which effectively said "found it", so other cachers would know.

I wasn't suggesting that we drove maniacally, but rather to avoid spending four hours searching for something that's already been found.

----------